I started writing this blog entry this morning and just kept getting side tracked on finishing it. This morning it would of went like this...I got all the kids dressed, diapers changed, breakfast fixed and one off to school.
Things seemed pretty under control. I had a thought, maybe it's time for Mama to sit down and have a nice bowl of cereal with Shelby, always my last eater. So, just as my nice thought crossed my mind, I got a bowl, crack the box open and sat down. It's like I had one spoon full in my mouth and the kids came running. I thought to myself, I swear you all just ate, yet here you hover over my shoulder with your mouths wide open for
mine.So, of course the spoon gets passed around the table to all the little chillins. As I sit there I am noticing a child with a green runny nose eating off my spoon, a child with a purple cloud of stank coming from a dirty diaper (that I just changed) eating off my spoon, and a child just about sitting on my head trying to eat off my spoon. I had to do as I try to teach my childre
n "just walk away". At this point in my blog I might of written how grossed out I was, or how bugged I felt that I couldn't finish my breakfast.. BUT..Tonight I returned home from a late night volleyball game, checked in on all my children sleeping like little angels and realized that it's all so worth it! I have 4 beautiful, amazing, incredibly funny, loving, sweet children and all the stankiness and green snot....is just temporary. They are my life!
-Gotta Love Em
5 comments:
ahhhhhh the life of a mother. sick and twisted. always the battle between love and loath. :) it's nice to have a little break to remind us that we really do want to be near them. haha! they are the best aren't they. :)
Ren, I love you!!! How are things going? Called last night, never heard back. Hope to hear from you soon.
Yep, poop, snot and best of all slobbery kisses. Can it really get any better? You have beautiful/handsome kids. Love ya.
You truly have some of the best looking kids & funny as can be! Still can't get over Creed's big "cheese" smile - it kills me everytime!
Ren,
Your right it doesn't get any better than this! Motherhood, aint it great! Enjoy every second, cause you'll just get turned around and they will be gone, with families of their own!
love, mom
Post a Comment