So, I make fun little calendars for my family every year. You know the kind that I am referring to. The calendar with fun family pictures or birthdays marked in every month. The past two years I have put quotes from either Pres. Hinckley, Sister Hinckley or just a quote that I love. This year I decided to change it up a little. I rummaged through my brain and came up with 12 words that I would like to work on this year. Every month got a word and I called it my “Monthly Motto”. As I looked at January and what that month means to me, I couldn’t think of a better word than cultivate. Being the first of the year and with all the changes we want to do over the coming 365 days. As I looked this word up in the dictionary the descriptions that I love the most are:
Cultivate
1: to foster the growth of
2: to improve by labor, care, or study : refine
3: Further Encourage
At first I wasn’t sure on how I was going to make this goal work out for me. But it came to me just the other day after I received a call from one of my good friends. She told me of how her heart is broken. Her sister just decided that everything she has been taught and had learned for the past 20+ years is no longer what she believes. Her sister has decided that the LDS church was no longer for her. I thought to myself….I need to cultivate my testimony. I am not safe if I don’t cultivate. “To improve by labor, care or study.” After listening to the First Vision lesson today in Relief Society, I realized it’s all about asking the Lord. I know this is a Primary epiphany, but sometimes things I already know hit me in a different way and all the sudden….TA DA!
*Don’t’ forget to Cultivate!
3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder! I'm excited to see the words for each month! What a great idea.
Ren- awesome. You have a great outlook on life. I really like that you have those words on these wonderful calendars to help the rest of us see what we can to improve as well as yourself. If I haven't already told you- Thank you for everything and the calendars. I love you.
Reynolds, I love it. Thanks for the thought.
Post a Comment