
I was reading an article on LDS.org the other day about sharing the gospel. Elder Russell M. Ballard urges us to have conversations about what we believe, even over our blogs. I thought it was strange at first, then I read on! I want to be part of the conversations that are going on about what "I" believe.
So I thought I would share a little about what I experience the other night. I went to the Temple yesterday with my love and had this overwhelming feeling of comfort about the other side. I sat there thinking about one day meeting the lady that I was attending for. Mrs. Peterson from Denmark, I believe! I thought of her sitting there attending with me and then I thought about what if she loves what just happened for her. And what if she can't wait to visit with me about it, one day. I sat there thinking about how close we are to the other side, while attending the Temple. As I was thinking about the people that are waiting to hear or be taught, I got so emotional. I could hardly control my emotions. That has never happened to me. So many times I attend the temple because I know that it's the right thing to do and because we are asked to. But this time, I was there to hear some promptings, to get answers to many of my questions.
The sessions that we were in had 3 or 4 newbies attending, and that took me back to when I first attended. I thought about how I sat on the edge of my chair to be filled with whatever the Lord had in store for me. I tried to do the same thing yesterday. I listened more closely like I was a newbie.
I love going to the Temple. I love that I am closer to Heavenly Father there than anywhere else. I love that I am closer to my family on the other side while being there. I love the way people treat you and look at you, while attending the Temple. I love that you can forget the world and take a step outside your life to be reminded of what is really important. I love that everyone there is striving to become better and work on becoming closer to the Lord.
It's a beautiful thing.
4 comments:
Ren- awesome idea. You amaze me and the way you look at life. Thanks for helping to think about that next time I attend. I also had someone mention something to me about praying- if you want to know more, call me. Love ya. Thanks also for helping me understand Daniel a little more.
Wow Ren!! What more can I say other than - you are AWESOME & an inspiration to many. More than you know!!
Thanks for that reminder! You are such a great girl!!
Ren, I have to say that each time I go I think about whether the person I stand in proxy for is happy at my attention span or not. Speaking of the Temple, yesterday was a 10 year mark for recieving my endowments. Cool huh?
Post a Comment