I had a wake up call from mine ownself, the other day. This made me laugh out loud at ME and I wasn't in a laughing mood.
I was on the NOT cordless phone in by bedroom with one of my sisters. All that information in the first sentence is important for this lesson. While on the non-cordless phone a few my little babes were at my ankles wanting this and that and that and this. I told them quite nicely to "wait, I will be done soon". I couldn't stop my conversation for a minute because I was confined to my bedroom, thanks to that dad-gum phone. I mean Heaven forbid that I just put the phone down and see exactly what they need.
So the story continues.
I told them again a little less nice to "wait". And then finally after 3 or 4 times of them, literally pulling on my pants and shirt for an apple (come to find out). I said to them, "I will be right there". I then turned to my sister and with a very aggravated voice said "my kids don't know patience". All I could hear was laughing on the other end of that phone, from my sister. I then realized what I said and how I said it and why I said it and then the laughter came. What a putz I am!
It seems as if I don't know patience very well.
Lesson Learned!
2 comments:
amen sister! i am constantly accusing my children of not having virtues that i don't even posess. so funny!
I totally didn't mean to laugh out loud. Plus I was laughing because I heard myself on the phone and it was a lesson for me too. But don't tell anyone or "I'll punch you in the gut". Hahaha.
Post a Comment