Lainie: Mom, I don't believe my friend Marisol.
MOm: Why is that?
Lainie: She said that everyone that has brown eyes is Mexican. I have blue eyes and I am half Mexican. So, she can't be right.
Mom (with mouth wide open): Lainie, you think your half Mexican?
Lainie: Yes, I AM HALF Mexican.
Mom (laughing): Lainie, your not Mexican.
Lainie: I am, but just half.
Mom (eyebrows lifted): Birdie, Your mom is not Mexican and your dad isn't either, so your not half or any, you silly girl.
Lainie: (with a high pitch voice):You mean to tell me, I am not half Mexican?
MOm: Nope, why would you think that you are?
Lainie: I know Spanish words and i lived there when I was little.
Mom: Well, there are people like your cousin, Bristol and Adyan that have the darkest brown eyes, and they aren't Mexican. And there are people that have blue eyes that are. So what do you think about that?
Lainie: I knew it...Marisol wasn't right.
I couldn't believe my ears. All this time, she thought because she can speak a few words of Spanish and because we lived in Mexico..that she was magically half Mexican.
I love it, the innocence of a child!
8 comments:
That is hilarious. What a doll, she is makes me laugh and I want to pinch her cheeks every time I see her. Ren thanks for the updates. You rock. Love ya
that is SO funny! i love it when kid "know" things and then share them.
well didn't you tell her that you're half black because you can dance like a black woman! he he
ahhhhh haaaa! that is so hilarious! i love it! and i love your flag posts, i never commented on them....soooo...actually i love all your posts, sooooo i pretty much love them the most sooooo
That is so cute!! I love the things kids come up with. Thanks for sharing!!
NICE. Aren't you glad she didn't find out when she was 12. Plus, she did live in Mexico. I'd call her at least 1/8. lol. I love kids.
Sweet! Then I am going to say I am half Mexican cuz I lived in Mexico, I know a little Spanish, plus I love Taco Bell!!
Paol says you are a nugget!
Post a Comment