Saturday, April 26, 2008

Say IT!



I have been pondering ME, lately! You know the type of things?
What can I do different to make myself better, or what can I do better do make myself different.
I have a few people in my life that I really look up to and the things that they have accomplished. Actually, I have so many people that I look up to and marvel on the things that they can do.

I see different peoples creativity in their scrapbooks, crafts, writings, paintings and different ideas and I think... why can't I do that? OR Why didn't I think of that? There have been numerous occasions where I am caught up in the awesomeness of whatever I am looking at. Quite often when this happens, I tend to not say anything..I just think! Well, I have found that is not so bueno and I will tell you why.

I started thinking about different relationships in my life and how they have changed through out the years. Some are good and then go sour...some are sour at first then go great. I wondered why this is and what do I do or don't do that might make a difference. I started thinking about a conversation I had with someone a week or so ago. It was something that she said that made me realize what it is about ME that makes a difference in some relationships in my life.
This lady, (lets just call her AJ) and I were having a conversation about another nice lady(lets call this one...um, June). I asked AJ what she thought of June and what June was like, because I had never met June before. AJ proceeded to tell me that she really liked June because June always said what was on her mind. AJ also told me that June would pay AJ compliments about things in her home or about her as a person, and it made her feel good.

I thought to myself...I don't do that enough. I think of compliments ALL the time...but don't say it! Maybe I am afraid of how they might respond to a compliment...but who the heck doesn't want to hear something good about themselves? I don't know many people who wouldn't.

I have had a number of people tell me things like:
*I didn't know if liked me, until I had been around you quite sometime.
*I never know if your happy or sad, because you don't say.
*When I call your home, I am not sure if I am bugging you or not.
*You can been unapproachable.
WHAT????
THis is not even the way I am inside. I realized I need to SAY things more, rather than just think it.
I have been experimenting with a few relationships in my life and I have to say...it's amazing! When you say what you are thinking (of course, only nice thoughts) it turns people around. These relationships that I am talking about feel closer to me, and it's cool!
After the death of my brother-in-law, I feel like I can't pass on not saying what I need to, anymore!
(is that sentence a double negative or what?)

Try it...you might like it!

10 comments:

Crazy Momma said...

I love you rennie you are one of my favorite people in this world. you know me, and love me for me that takes alot. you and your family have a beautiful essence about it and I can't get enough (that's why i never want to leave your house) you make me happy! Also you need to now your talents in so many things are so appreceated. Thanks and I love you.

Goodrich said...

You are such a great woman, and I can't imagine people wanting to get to know you- Yes I am bias, but this is truth!! Love ya

fivewheeler said...

Ren, Geez, its only 9:00 am and now I have a head full. I never thought any of those things of you even after you moved away and we had that one really "hairy" conversation. I think you are great. So be careful trying to make yourself "different" we don't want you to change. However, I will take your advice on saying only nice things right away. I'll let you know how it goes. P.S. You are awesome.

Addie Gaylord said...

Rennie,
We are so sad that guys are gone:( Zane is going to be lost on sunday without carter being there. Stay in touch and you are such a sweet girl, who is so kind.

laceeJ said...

Hey I do that all the time, too! I just sit and think about the good compliments and sometimes I actually think that people might read my mind to see the compliment!:) HAHA I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I as well will try to SPEAK IT OUT better! You know, training horses, they learn from the reward, and my instructor always related kids to horse training, catching them in a good act and praising them. I definately am better with the 4 legged species!

FabUlaSh said...

oh rennie you are so amazing!!!! I am definitley goin to be way more aware of my attitude and making sure i get those compilments out not keep them inside! I LOVE YOU!!!

FabUlaSh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cally said...

Hey Rennie,
I don't know how many times I have thought so many of these things about myself! Maybe it's genetic. :) You and your entire family are so awesome. I have always looked up to all of you. Luv ya!

Crazy Momma said...

rennie all my phone contacts got deleated please call me we will be in gilbert today love ya

Anonymous said...

defintely something i need to do more! "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"... right?! ps. who are you talking about?