Friday, April 18, 2008

What's with that?

What is with Politicians always giving the "THumbs Up" sign at the end of a speech and shaking their heads like "Yes, this thumb gets me from here to there" or "Yes, this thumb is the size of my brain and we can do great things, Vote for ME" or "uh HUH, this is the finger I use to pick my nose"?
Does putting your thumb up in the air mean something new? I must of I missed out on getting the definition. Last I knew, that sign was used with Tom Thumb pulled a plum out of his pie. OR this sign is used when vagabonds are trying to get a ride in a strangers car.
If you have any "What's with that" thoughts....lets hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't ya heard? it's the new middle finger...
the innocent still think it means "cool"
but behind the chessy grin and perky thumb, what the politicians are all really saying is 'up yours'
{sorry, can i say that...i know this is a family blog}

RUBY said...

ahahhahahhahhha!!! yeah alli you said it right!~ digadangdude! the thumb is an improtant tool for my massage techniques???maybe the poli's think it is significant as well???

fivewheeler said...

Hilarious Allison. And after reading the comments I have no further comment.