Grandpa Julian, my Mother-in-laws father, passed on to the other side last week. For the past week I have been staring into my computer working on a slide show for his funeral. I have had such and enjoyable time looking at pictures from when he was like 2 till his 87th birthday. He was AMAZING. He was a pilot and Commander in WWII for the Navy. While he served his country he was able to travel all over. I was able to see pictures of him in NYC, DC, London, Greece and Hawaii. Not only was he a military man but more importantly...he was a Spiritual Giant. He served his Church as a Bishop, in the Atlanta Temple Presidency, as the New Zealand Visitor Center Director and a Temple Sealer. Oh, and I am sure I am missing a few more. I am not sure of the number of people he had the privilege of sealing, but Luke and I were lucky enough to be one of MANY. I believe he sealed just about everyone of his Grand kids that were married during his time as a Temple Sealer. I love the look of my Marriage License. It has my father and father in law as witnesses and Grandpa Julian as the Sealer. Pretty cool.This one here with his legs and arms crossed was one I liked. I just wish so badly I could of been a fly on that camera lens. To see this 6"2 young man sitting on the ground trying to do criss cross applesauce. What was going on right before this picture and what did he do an hour after? If only I knew!
Well, he will be greatly missed. I loved being around him, because he was with out fail making me feel LOVED! With a hug or a sweet comment about how wonderful I am. Or my favorite was when he would tell me how lucky his family was to have me in it. What a sweet man!
And of course the last time me and my children saw him. Just about a month before he passed I was in Utah and my MIL suggested a visit! I am so glad she did and that I was able to take a minute and get in a visit!


5 comments:
Very cool. What a neat man. Plus I think he was right about having you in the family. I think you did good too...with that Hallows fam. Love ya.
Ren, You are an outstanding woman, how you write makes everyone understand how you feel and I appreciate you. Love ya
oh! sweet grandpa, how we will miss him! he lived a full life!
Those pictures are awesome. I'm jealous you got to see him one last time. What a lovely picture to have of your family with him.
LOVE YOU GRUNT....OH SHOOT NOW HE KNOWS THE SECRET GRUNT!!!! DANG IT I MISS HIM!!!!!
Post a Comment