Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The killer Tomatoes

My Sweet Shelby is such a doll face. I love listening to her talk her sweet baby talk. Sometimes it turns out quite funny..because I am not quite sure what she is saying to me. Just one small word can throw me off. For example like tonight...
Tonight I had put all the kids to bed and settled in for some reading. While reading I realized I wasn't alone. I turned my head to see my little Shelby standing there with tired eyes.
She said to me "Mom, I can't stop thinking about those scary tomatoes."
I respond "what do you mean?"
Shelby says "you know those ones in that movie, where you said that the people needed to hold on to be safe from the tomatoes".
I, again, say "still don't understand, tell me more so I can figure out what your talking about".
Shelby then says "you know the tomatoes that scared me because they go to Louisana and they were big and took that house down, I don't like tomatoes, they scare me."
LIGHTBULB!!! for me.
Let me go back for a minute.
A few days ago Luke and I were watching TV together and with Luke in control of the remote...the flippin begins. We watch something on one station for a bit and then flip to some other story for a while until we find just the most perfect 80's movie, like Karate kid or some ESPN Classic game or even better yet..one of the 20 Rocky's that have been made.
Well, while the surfin was in full force, he stopped on a classic, it was "Twister". Just then, little Shelby came in and asked what was happening on the TV. So, I figured I would tell her a little bit so she doesn't get scared from letting her imagination go and so she will know that it
wouldn't happen here.
So, tonight after she gave me a few more pieces of information. It dawned on me...those scary Tomatoes that she is talking about were the darn Tornado's in that "Twister" movie.
They scare me too!

4 comments:

fivewheeler said...

Shelba, what a kid.

stacy said...

hahahah! so hilarious!

RUBY said...

IM DYING!!!! Im SCARED OF THOSE TOMATOES TOO!!!!LOVE YOU SHELB!

Crazy Momma said...

Will she still eat tomatoes? I think everyone can agree that the tomatoes in "twister" are freaky.