Monday, February 4, 2008

Isn't it Ironic, don't you think. a little to Ironic, Yeah I really do think.

I received a phone call from my friend the other day. The same friend that gave me a gift card to the local "Danny's family Carwash" Yes, she is still a friend, even after the giftcard....it was actually an inside joke....nice one as well. Anyhow, we were talking and she asked if I had used them yet. I made this comment that made me lift my eyebrow in mid sentence.
"My car is to dirty, to have it cleaned...I need to muck it out before I take it in".
I started thinking and talking to my sister about the things that we do that are alittle to Ironic or maybe I should say Hypocritical! Here is a little list..maybe those reading could add a few of their own.
-screaming at your children to "STOP SCREAMING!"
-giving a little swat on the rear only to teach them to Not HIT.
-cleaning your car before you take it to the car wash
-cleaning your house before the housekeeper comes.
-the day you mop your children help themselves to the lemonade...yikes!
-get after your children to clean their rooms, only to see your room has been hit by a tornado.
-you been looking to buy your favorite item at Joann's...do it... only to receive the 50% coupon the next day.
and how can I forget
-it's like rain on your wedding day
-a free ride when you've already paid
I might of used the last too from a little song..but hey....isn't it IRONIC, don't you think?

2 comments:

stacy said...

it's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife. and the worst thing of all is meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife. :) hahaha! fun post and SO true.

Sarah said...

I totally agree. It is ironic!