15th
I am thankful for PIE, no not 3.14 pi. I am talking feed your face pie!
Not just a regular ol' pie.
The kind I am referring to is my mom's poma-damnit cheesecake (pie) and my dad's coconut/chocolate pie. I know cheesecake isn't really pie...but it's in the shape of a pie, therefore it falls in the pie thankfulness post today. And part of my Keep the Record assignments...I thought I would do it NOW.
I can't express to you how excited I am to get to Utah to see my family and to kiss their faces and than to eat that pie. I will have to wait till the 27th...but it will be worth it as long as their is one of these pies on that dessert table.
For my mom's scrumptious Poma-damnit or Pomegranate Cheesecake recipe....keep reading.
1 cube Cream Cheese 1 cup powder sugar
1 small tub of cool whip
Mix cheese and sugar first then add cool ship...mix well. Pour into Graham Cracker pie crust.
Topping:
Prepare 1 box Danish dessert (jello section of store) and cool.
Add:
2 cups of Pomegranate Kernels
When serving garnish pie with topping and whipped Cream.
14th
Sunday was our Stake conference and I have to say...I didn't get to listen to much. I had a tag team going on with my lover between Mr. Memphis and Mr. Creed...not to mention that the overflow was FREEZING. At the break song I just couldn't abide one more minute sitting there angry, frustrated and cold. So, I pulled Creed by the arm and carried Memphis out to the hallway. However, before my wonderful patient mothering defines me...let me say that Bro. Cooke gave a wonderful talk on Gratitude. I did hear this talk and loved it.
He said over and over how Being thankful is a great thing and we should all have that attitude...but being Grateful is the ending to that. Gratitude is the acting on our Thankfulness.
Many of these posts are about being thankful...but don't require much in the way of action.
So, before thanksgiving comes this year...I will express with actions to someone in my life how Grateful I am for them. I am sure we do that everyday with laundry, cooking, cleaning and so on. As mothers...we are beyond grateful for our families...therefore we take care of the HOME and families.
But, what else can I do?
To be continued...I will not share it with you. I don't want to spoil a surprise and make it about me...so I will report on how it made me feel instead.
Lucky 13
Date night is such a wonderful thing. I am thankful for a babysitter, great kids, good friends, open restaurants, good movies....so that I could hit the town with my sweet, hunk of a husband. What a wonderful thing it is to be reacquainted as loves..not just parents... with the love of your life and just be together. It's too much fun.
Good Times!
12th
I am thankful for a surprise visit from my awesome Sister-in-law and her darling children. I got a call the night before from my SIL telling me that she might be in town the following day. It turned out that we were both in a place that we could just hang out, exchange stories, recipes and enjoy one another company...while the kids played. This was such a great change for my day.
Thanks Amy for coming down to the house....I loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment