Sunday, November 7, 2010

5, 6 & 7

I am going to have to combine a few days here...and so, I shall go backwards to make this work.

Numero 7...
My gratitude post comes straight from the headlines of this very day.
Today being the 7th of November I will express my Gratitude for a miracle baby.  Not my miracle babies...because I feel they all are.
But, my new little nephew Eli.
He is undoubtedly a miracle sent to his parents. Today this little squirt was given a name and a blessing by his father and we were there to witness it. I loved watching my BIL & SIL with him today. I sat behind them a few row and watched them rocking him and preparing him for his big debut. I loved seeing the back of their heads and then his little bald head stick over their shoulder. It's like he has always been there. I am so happy for them and their new life they get to experience with their little guy.



Numero 6...
This gratitude post comes from the 6th of November as well.
I love living on a cul-de-sac...where my kids can ride their bike and scooters and run up and down the road and only have a few neighbors to deal with. On our street there are 6 or 7 families with kids that love to play in the road. They all know each other and they all play good with one another. They have decided that our back yard is the "kids time club". They jump on the trampoline, dig in the dirt, make flags out of PVC pipe, play soccer and perform musical numbers with whatever they can find...just for the sake of fun. It's cool to watch them be silly.


Number 5
This post comes from a task that I did on the 5th. I have to say I am so Grateful for my hands! I must admit that I haven't always been so impressed with the fact that they aren't petite or dainty little hands. I have big, I hate to say it, manly looking hands. However, they have always been perfect for what I love to do....sports, drawing, writing, biking, holding hands and my new love is canning. I always remember watching my mom in the kitchen preparing foods to bottle and sometimes even helping with it. Now, I have really grown to love this skill. It's been so enjoyable to me and fun to have my kids help. Just Friday Creed and I bottled Cucumbers and made them into a fairly decent pickle. First try and actually it was pretty darn easy.
So...today I am so Grateful for my wonderful Hands and the work they can do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love #7 :)
#6 makes me think of my little squirt and his old man style cul-de-sac of hair on the back of his soft head.
and teach me to can good stuff. ive only done chicken, beef n beans. pickles sound goooood!