I am thankful for people like this:
Those that have the courage inside to fight for our Freedoms. When there is war and turmoil I always pray for those men and women that are in harms way making our way possible.
However, now that I live so close to a base and many of my friends husbands or themselves are serving or have served in the military...my mind is opened to the families that are sending their loved ones away.
My dear friend that I have just come to know and love is preparing to send her hubby away for the next 6 months to Afghanistan to help keep things in order. I watch and listen to her get ready to be a single mom for a while and I feel sad for her and her 3 children.
But, I know that without people like her husband and people like my father and those that have that "something" inside them...we would not be safe or free.
So, I thank them for their sacrifices and their families sacrifices so that we can be.

No comments:
Post a Comment