Friday, January 8, 2010

thankfulness

My oh my...where did the time go?
I think we went straight from Summer to the New Year. Here it is Jan 2010 and I am trying to savor the memories from our wonderful Thanksgiving in Utah. I have to give a quick rundown of the most wonderful time of the year....THanksgiving.

You know what is so wonnderful about Thanksgiving in UTah?
1. The anticipation while driving the 9 hours to my parents home. Luke and I feel like little children on Christmas morning...when we get to go to utah. There is electricity in the car when we drive there.
2. Walking in the home in the middle of the night and smelling it, seeing it and feeling the powerful spirit in their home.
3. Laying down in their most comfy bed that is in the best bedroom in the world. We call it the cave, because it's in the basement and it's pitch black and cold. My mom has 3 or 4 heavy blankets on the bed, but your nose gets chill. I could sleep for days in that room...basically hybernation is possible there. OH...if only!
4. Waking up to the smell of my dad's amazing breakfast. There aren't words to discribe it.




The past few years I have done a "I am Thankful for"...12 day countdown to Thanksgiving and this year I failed at it horribly so here is my 2009 rendition.

I am ThANKful for...
12- for a place to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. Thanks mom & dad
11- for the most perfect weather on Thanksgiving day to eat inside or out. Therefore I had to cut the grass to set the tables up...it had to be presentable for my mom.
10- for the most beautiful pies, especially the chocolate/coconut pie my dad made
9- for the food that we ate, especially the cranberries my mom made....delicious
8- for the "sitting around the front room" time where we just do nothing but chat with family and move chairs once in a while only to regroup and talk so more.
7- for the football game on Thanksgiving morn, so my lover's dreams were fulfilled.
6- for the chance to run into the st. George Hallows. It's always so much fun to see family!
5- for the FIVE beautiful, amazing, healthy, funny, caring human beings that Heavenly Father borrowed me and LUke for this life....I have some cool kids.
4- for the chance to do Black Friday and b-fast with my sisters again. I loved being with them! I can't get enough of my sister!
3- for the company that we were able to sit with at our table.
My Aunt Joyce and her daughter Teri, her husband DAve and their 2 children
My Grandmother & her husband
My Uncle Wayne
My Mommy and Daddy
And every one of my siblings and their entire family...(minus one neice that is away to college).
2- for the invaluable time my children have with their aunts and cousins...that means a lot to me. I remember thanksgivings when I was young and I loved being in the same room with my aunts!
1- for the Warm Spirit that was with all of us for the entire Thanksgiving Holiday.
There is just something extra Special about Thanksgiving. I assume everyone feels the same way I do...it's about FAmily.
I feel so intune with my family.
It's like your insides are open up and warm and everyone else is on the same page as you.
It's like you look at your family differently on that day, you always love one another...but the world shrinks and it's all about those that are in front of you.
It's like the world is breathing carefully and peacefully on that one day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: