I am having a hard time remembering waking up Christmas morning to open presents. Let alone all the stuff before that....yep...it's all gone. Wiped clear from thee ol' memory bank. We spent November and December looking forward to Christmas...and here we are January 8th...waiting till next years Christmas.
I had to see some of the photos from my computer to even ring a slight bell. But some of them make me laugh to think that I was there and it must of been fun because the pictures are pretty entertaining.
LIKE when we supposedly made a gingerbread house and then I supposedly let the icing bag get turned on the kids. I can't be held responsible for all of this...I can hardly remember it....but it is pretty funny, I'm sure!~
LIKE when we supposedly made a gingerbread house and then I supposedly let the icing bag get turned on the kids. I can't be held responsible for all of this...I can hardly remember it....but it is pretty funny, I'm sure!~
OR WHEN we got pizza and attended the Mesa Temple lights with our family from the Valley. I do have a slight recollection of that night...because it wasn't to long ago. I think it was fun...but I could of been sleep walking and dreaming.
I THINK we atteneded a wonderful Christmas party at Luke's mom and step-dad's home in Maricopa. This event is coming back to me because I do remember the yummy food, amazing company and the gift table that over floweth. This evening was a night we were able to meet Luke's dad's fiance, Bobbie. She is sweet lady and all the grand kids really took to her. Yeah...that was a fun night...I THINK
CHRISTMAS is coming back to me after looking at the photos of happy kids, tired parents and lots of junk food. Our Christmas, this year, was very unique and different from the past ones. We were all by ourselves this year. NO family to mingle with, no cousins to show your new bike or easy bake to and not to much noise to enjoy. I can say it was nice...but I do miss having family close by. Luke was able to help the boys at the ranch with their celebrations by having an afternoon football game down in the horse field/football field and that was a great joy for them all.
I AM JUST about sure I made a QUICK TRIP to UTAH on the 27th. I am sure I remember that, only because the sleep has yet to be caught up on. I HAD to make a trip up there to see my family. At this particular time all my siblings would be in the same place at the same...it was a must....and so worth the 10 hour trip with my 4 kiddos. Which by the way...they were AMAZING!! LUke couldn't make it seeing how I decided to go Friday night and then left the next morning. I got to say long enough to exchange sicknesses, play in the snow, go hiking in the red sandstone hills, have many meals, have numerous sleepovers and this was with ALL the COUSINS. I was even able to sneak away for dinner and a movie with my parents, my 2 brother, 3 sisters and all their spouses. Again the exhaustion was so worth the trip...I would love to do it again tomorrow...only with my lovie this time.
Happy New Year....
is it 2009? or 2010?
I just can't be sure!












3 comments:
Oh, yur killin me! It all really happened, and you really loved it all! I was there for most of the events listed, and I believe the reports on the ones I missed...so yeah, ya had a great Christmas Season!
Now buck up and steady yourself for 2009 - we have a lot of partyin' to do!
i THINK you are funny.
you are great soul candy, you write what we aren't clever enough to express. your post is amazing with all the cool slides and pics of your darling family. o and good thing for journaling and blogging so we can really document that we really did do some things and prove that they really happened.
Post a Comment