Saturday, January 3, 2009

getting hairy?

Yesterday, Cedar walked up to me with this very curious look on his face while lifting up his shirt, showing his tummy. He was pointing to a scab on his lower ribs down by his belly button. A scab he got from sliding down my parents stairs on his stomach with his cousin. Carpet burn...Yowzers!


C: "MOM, (pointing to his tiny little scab) am I getting hairy right here, like dad?"

ME: "Yes, Cedar you're finally getting big like dad"

Just then he backed away from me with this very satisfied smile on his face.
Once I saw that I realized I better be honest...I had to break the news that it was only a scab and not a patch of chest hair that he was starting to grow as a 4 year old down by his belly button.


What a dude!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those childrens are so funny! i just read these two stories out loud to jackson. he likey.

Goodrich said...

Love both of the conversations. You have some really cute kids. I sure miss having you here, I can't wait till Spring Break. LOVE YOU!!!!!! Thanks for being patient with me and our busy lives. Come SOON!!

RUBY said...

omh...i love that boy!!!
hahahahahahahhahahahah

Crazy Momma said...

very handsome dude! I get the "when I'm big I'll have big boobs like you mom"
I think I's like the chest hair question better.

stacy said...

that is so funny! what a cute boy. i hope he likes his body hair when he actually gets it. hahaha!

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Hey, I missed you for a while, it's good to get caught up again. 10 0l002/.4t's f2 QA MY SON JUST HELPED ME TYPE. IT'S ALWAYS FUN TO READ ABOUT YOUR FAMILY. i LOVE THE ELFYOURSELF THING. MY BROTHER INTRODUCED THAT TO US DURING CHRISTMAS, i SHOULD PUT ON MINE. THAT IS SO FUNNY AND CLEVER. LOVE YA AND MISS YA.

Mike + Mignon said...

I just peed my depends!