We decided to take a little sunday drive and take pictures of our area.Here are a few things we see on a regular basis around our home.
Here is our driver..Little Cedar
Here is our driver..Little Cedar
These are so beautiful with their bright orange flowers on top. The kids told me this one is called the "sweaty Cactus". I couldn't figure out why, until they informed me that he was wearing a head band...duh!
Giant ant hills...these things are everywhere and huge.Oh...their red ants and man do their bites sting like something fierce. Espeically on the inside of your knee...extra soft skin there.
It's hard to see this little family of Quail being chased down the river bed by us...but we see them every time we go. They are so cute with their little feather on top of their heads.And Lastly...this picture doesn't give this thing justice. It's as big as my finger. Their called Mexican Generals...its'a big fat grasshopper.
8 comments:
ok your brave, those things are freaky (except the quail). ants, spiders, ginormous grasshoppers a girls worst nightmare, well at least my worst nightmare.
where do you live? I love nature, how fun!
well, you need to share your quirks now, I'm all sorts of curious!
What a great place to live, a little scarey, but great.
It's nice to make new friends! We are all safe and sound here in Ohio. We have some new friends also-squirrels, chipmunks, turkeys, peacocks, deer (not for long)etc. That is one fat grasshopper. Maybe the vegan diet isn't working fo him? Maybe he should try Atkins? Maybe he already did!!! And that's what is stuck inside:( I miss our out west adventures. But hey the adventure continues here, right? We are preparing to bow hunt, then the turkey hunt... it's a lot different here, private land. The kids are great. They are doing better than me:) Love and miss ya Rennie~Lori
Cool tour - hey, I was reading an old post of mine and got distracted looking at pics of the kids from last year from this time of year - you wanted to know where that pumpkin patch was - Apple Annie's Orchard, and Farmer John's is like, across the field - Wilcox, AZ -- also, I don't have a phone # or address or anything for you, but I wanted to let you know we are having a halloween / housewarming party on Oct. 25 at 8pm - adults only, costume, potluck - if you guys are planning on coming up that weekend, or would like to, it would be fun to see you. If you decide to come, rsvp at 275-8006. ;)
SICK!!!!!
remind me to never come visit there!!!! ahhhhhh....please move to hawaii with me??:)
Is that by chance a Colegio Ingles sweater dude buddy is wearing!! Awesome!!! We have those nasty grasshopers here too!! They're called Georgia Thumpers in our neck of the woods!! I just posted a picture of them on Lex's blog today!
Post a Comment