I have been making a list of things I wanted to blog about over the past few months. Instead of writing a post for every one of them...here is my readers digest version.
1. Gave a talk in Church a month or so ago about strengthening our family with FHE. I talked about how Cedar uses a wooden spoon to direct the music, every monday night. I also mentioned that some how or another the spoon turns into a weapon. The way I said it had Luke concerned that the congregation might think that "WE" use it as a weapon during FHE rather than the kids tossing it back and forth. So when Luke spoke next he made sure to clear the air and let people know we didn't use FHE as wooden spoon beating time.
"THANKS Babe for clearing us of Child Abuse Charges"
2. I am so proud of Little Delb. On the 6th of August she learned to tie her own shoes after just getting so mad and doing it.
3. A few months ago, Lainie hit her head on some wood at the hay barn. She came home and told me...we looked and saw that there was a little cut, but was okay. Two weeks later she mentioned that her head hurt again right in the same spot. I took a look and saw 2 larger splinters "oozing" their way out of her scalp. (YUCK)
4. I have been telling Cedar for some time that "there will come a time when your little bro will take you down and get you. YOu better start treating him nicer". Well, that time finally came when Cream had received his last body slam. Cream saw the chance and took it...he launched a 4 inch square metal scrapbook tool across the room and nailed Cedar right in the head....cutting it open. The threat was heard...loud and clear!
5. I love listening to my kids sing a song on the radio and getting the words mixed up, like:
instead of "talk about it, talk about it, talk about moov' in"
it is "taco body, taco body, taco body yeah yeah"
instead of "we built this city on Rock and Roll"
it is "We built this city on Noggin More"
instead of "Roxanne"
it is "Rock Sand"
6. I love hearing my kids say funny things that they KNOW makes sense, like:
While going to bed Cedar says "I'm so so so Romantic"
While playing outside Cedar says "I'm sweaty, I need a vegetable"
While Cedar is talking to Cream "you're a muscle boy, you re not scared"
While preparing to cross the cattle guard Cedar says "mom, I can't cross the Cadillac by myself"
7. WHile putting Cedar to bed I ask "are you going to go on a mission?"
He says "NO, I am going to drive monster trucks".
Me: "well, maybe you can go on a mission first and then drive monster trucks when you get back".
Him: "mom, actually I will drive monster trucks on my mission"
ME: (laugh)
HIm: No, actually mom, I will put on my mission clothes and then drive my truck"
Me: smart idea buddy.
8. I asked LUke if I could throw Cedar in the shower with him, seeing how we were in a bit of a hurry and the boy needed a wash down. I walked into the other room to help Creams get dressed and over heard their conversation going on in the bathroom. I heard Luke say "let me wash my hair real quick and we'll get out" Next thing I hear is Cedar saying "DAD, your BUM is staring at me." I couldn't help but laugh out loud!
Those are a few things I wanted to write so that I might have them!
10 comments:
okay, the "bum staring at me" got me chuckling! he he he
That is hilarious- especially the bum part. Who says that but a 4 year old. I also liked the song part. SO TRUE. I love you REN
hilarious...I am still laughing. I bet that will be the last combined shower...and only because it got posted online. Hahaha
oh yeah...this is why i love you sweet hillarious insane in the membrane family!! dang dude...why you gotta make me homesick...kiss your children please!
very funny. I just am ahving a hard time seeing the fun in things right now I hope I can post something good like that soon. By the way where are you lately???
I miss that Carter!! He's freakin' hilarious & yes, I said freakin'!
I NEEDED that laugh. Thank you and little Carter (and Luke's bum).
Way too funny!! We miss YUNZ!!! I can't believe Lainie and the splitters!! Yikes! And I love when kids sing songs!! Taco body, that rocks!
i didn't actually read it all, yet. I wanted to say hi! I love your blog! You are hilarious! Your family is beautiful. Sorry about the o'l tail bone. You're being really formal with the whole coccyx. Maybe you just like the way it sounds? I am impressed you spell it right. I bet I didn't. The brown eyed monster! We see it many times around these parts...parts...get it..hehe
OK, I have read it all now! Man your family cracks me up! You are hilarious yourself! I'm going to read it again, just to have another laugh.
Post a Comment