We have a few flies in our home...just about everyday. My little boy Cedar says there is one that he has named George. Yesterday, I said out loud "those dang flies are all going to die today" and he reminded me to "LEAVE George ALONE". With all this talk about "George" I started wondering.....
Do you think Flies have families? I know that they were born by someone...but
Do you think that when they get into your car and you drive away...they miss their family or are they just so thrilled with the current road trip?
And when you get to where your going and fly gets out, do they make friends in their current location?
Do you think that when you start swatting flies around your house the others start warning each other that there is a large object coming after them?
I wonder!
3 comments:
Ren, pretty deep. Maybe this will help you with your questions: A female can lay 75-150 eggs at one time and then they don't sit around and wait for them to hatch...although that happens in roughly 20 hrs. Then from that time its larva, pupa and adult like only lasts at very most 90 days. What a life. Think about it. in their first stage they don't even have legs (27 days) then they are growing wings for the next 17-27 days and then when they can finally fly they only have 15-25 days left. So I am not sure they make a bunch of friends. plus think about it they gather together over piles of POOP! That is a good way to get to know someone. At least you could pass gas around your "friends" and no one would know. hahaha....I have to much time on my hands. :)
You crack me up rennie! Don't Fly's only live like 24 hours? So I dought very much that they even meet thier parents and as for thier sis and bros they prob love the road trip see the most in their 24 hours of life.
Wow, never thought about it like that. I guess I wonder more if I will be punished for killing them or any other kinds of bugs- "Thou shalt not kill"- WHat do you think???
Post a Comment