Sunday, October 26, 2008

george UpDATE

I have recently been given some disturbing., yet informative, information about flies...
(THANKS BUG!)

A female can lay 75-150 eggs at one time and then they don't sit around and wait for them to hatch...although that happens in roughly 20 hrs. Then from that time its larva, pupa and adult like only lasts at very most 90 days. What a life.
Think about it.
In their first stage they don't even have legs (27 days) then they are growing wings for the next 17-27 days and then when they can finally fly they only have 15-25 days left. So I am not sure they make a bunch of friends. Plus think about it they gather together over piles of POOP! That is a good way to get to know someone. At least you could pass gas around your "friends" and no one would know.


It's official.
I have decided to let all the flies in my car go on our family road trips.
(as disgusting and annoying as they are)
Every fly deserves a little fun in their 27ish days of life.
but if they come into my house...their dead meat!

4 comments:

fivewheeler said...

pretty dang funny!

saskia said...

perhaps I'll be so kind to the ones in my car and home due to children that leave the door open... I did know they had a short life.

weaverfam said...

Rennie it was so great to see you this weekend! We miss you guys!

RUBY said...

BAHAHAHAHA....i can just picture a few flies chillin on some BULLcrap having a conversation about their scariest moments of almost being killed but escaping those giants who try and kill them.