Tonight I was running through my days events in my head and I had to chuckle to myself. I know chuckle is a funny word...but I was sitting in a slouched over position while thinking and when you do that..sometimes the belly (my belly) does a little chuckle. I was thinking about a particular situation that happened today that must of been a sight. It reminded me of something I witnessed a month ago or so.A month or so ago I was playing v-ball at a local church and I noticed one of the mothers riding her bike up to the church with a little stroller/trailer/cart behind, with her daughter in it. From the looks of it, it seemed like the mom had ridin a bike before. I mean, she was very comfortable on it and did certain things with her position, while on it, that made me know...it wasn't just a thing she did to get her kids around. She probably like to ride by herself when she gets a minute. Well, it came time for her to go and so she took off down the sidewalk. While she was riding off I caught a glimpse of her taking her bike and the trailer off the sidewalk. She didn't do it on accident...she did it and it was a big bump for her child...but it worked and they were probably use to it. I giggles to myself of the thought or picture of that little girl going off the sidewalk and getting sloshed back and forth in the stroller. That was another reason I knew the mom was probably a rider, she didn't use the wheelchair ramp area. Oh NO...off the hard curb she went.
So back to my days events.
I was thinking what I must of looked like today as I went for my daily bike ride with my stroller/trailer/cart behind my bike and girls on their bikes, to the side of me. We found this steep dirt hill that goes into a greenbelt area between some houses. I rode down first with the boys in tow behind me and then the girls followed. It was so much fun we had to do it again. So I lined myself up with the hill so we might have every possibility of making it to the top. I got a running start about 40 yards in front of the little hill and told the boys to hold on. I pedaled really hard and really fast, only to make it up about 3/4 the way. I had to jump off my bike fast so that me, the bike and the 2 boys don't go flying down backwards.
I yelled "Lainie, help me".
She hurried and jumped off her bike and helped by pushing from the back to help us to the top. We were both pushing with all our might. Our shoes were slipping on dusty soft dirt and our feet were sliding to the back of our shoes causing a lot of room in the toe of the shoe.
We must of looked like little elves. I told Lainie to walk up the hill like a duck and it would make it easier. This only adds dimension to this image...but it's all after the fact. Finally we get to the top only to prepare ourselves for the quick descent. I told the boys "put your arms up and enjoy the ride, because we can't do that again".
After our little ride, we choose to rest in the shade and watched the girls go up and down and up and down.
I was thinking: what must that looked like?
Some crazy mom that needs the thrill of riding down a dirt hill on her bike...BUT her 2 boys have to tag along in fear and terror?
I'm kidding...they really loved it, and it was fun.
But seriously...Can you imagine what that might of been like if you were a innocent person out for your daily walk and came across ME!
I would of got a good chuckled!
7 comments:
I'm glad your brakes were fully functional on the descent! chuckle chuckle
I love it! What a fabulous adventure. What address do you use for your blog so I can add you to mine?
That is so funny!! I used to ride with zane and it was the worst ever. He would get tossed back and forth I finally stopped because it was looking like child abuse. I can totally picture your ride today and I bet your boys had an absolute blast:)
Ren you always make me laugh. Thanks for the vivid stories, sometimes having you so far away and you writing as you do, I feel that much closer to you. Tell Lainie I wish we could be there for her baptism- Take lots of pictures. LOVE YOU ALL
Hey RH - I love your stories - sounds like you are all having a great time. Miss ya!
what a hoot! Congrats on the big b on sat too!
Ren,
That is an awesome memory. So glad you shared it. Lainie is suppose to be only 3 or 4 so how could she help. I can't believe she's old enough to be baptized and such a great helper. Miss you guys!
Love,
Aunt Marv
Post a Comment