Monday, May 19, 2008

Alma 32; 16
Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.


My Sweet Little girl was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on the 17th of May. I am so proud and excited for her. She has been anxiously awaiting this day for a year or longer. When she turned 7...it just wasn't close enough to 8 for her.



She isn't one for attention. She gets really nervous and afraid when people are looking at her to perform or do something, just like her father (NOT). So, having everyone looking at HER while getting baptized, it made me so scared for her. That morning up until she came out of the water...I found myself shaking with nervousness. I had almost made myself sick from being so shaky. However, she was a champ! She wasn't afraid, nervous or shy about it. She was ready to be baptized. And I love that she is such a wonderful example.



What a sweet little Spirit she has!



A quick and heartfelt THAnK You to those who were able to come and support Birdie on this day. And for those that couldn't make it...we love you and know you would of if you could of!






Those who stood in the Confirmation Circle
Grandpa Goulding, Grandpa Smith, Uncle Kim, Daddy Luke, Grandpa Hallows, Uncle Egrig and Uncle Jacket. (NOt pictured Uncle STeele)

6 comments:

stacy said...

how exciting for her! she looks so pretty.

isn't it funny how we get so worked up over our kids?!?

glad you guys had such a nice day.

Ali said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog this morning - totally made my heart just swell with happiness - that is so exciting! Did you cry? It was all I could do not to cry like a baby when my sweet girly girl was baptized. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

what a special day! she is such an awesome daughter of god. you got yourself a good one!

Crazy Momma said...

that's amazing tell her we are all so very pound of her.

ME said...

I'm so happy we got to be there! She's just so awesome. We LOVE that Birdie girl!!

emily said...

Yea for the Birdster!! You look so beautiful! I can't believe our kids are so big! boo!