Sunday, May 11, 2008

The cactus is NOT your friend

While we were visiting the Ranch last week (for more details about this, check out next post) my little Creed had a run in with some local trouble.
The first thing we did when we got to the ranch was put all the kids shoes on and let them out of the car to stretch their bones. It happened to be dusk and the sun was just touching the mountains when we decided to check out the horses.
Rewind if you will for a minute. Unfortunately, about 30 minutes before our final destination I had changed Creeds diaper. I was in a hurry to get him back in his seat and keep trucking down the road, so I only replaced the diaper and not his shorts.
Back on the ranch we are getting out and poor little creed has on a t-shirt, white diaper, bare little legs, socks and his running shoes. I mean this is asking for trouble, right? We are all heading right into the sun and I notice that little buddy can't really see too well, with the sun directly in his face. I put on my glasses and at the same time say "Creed, watch where you re going". At that exact moment, my little Creed runs smack into a miniature cactus. When I say miniature, I am not talking about the ones you watch grown in your kitchen window seal. I am talking miniature compared to the 4 growing next to it. It happened to be just about his size which then caused him to run into it and then fall forward onto the top of it. DANG!
I ran over grabbed him, pulled all the cacti out of his hands and then saw the carnage on his bare legs. Little guy got worked by the cactus. We cleaned him up, kissed on him for awhile and he was off again. This time very careful on where his path took him. Every time he walked past that dang cactus he would point and say "OU......CH". Shelby made sure to tell him "Credance, those are NOT your friend".

Just a word to the wise!

3 comments:

Crazy Momma said...

wow so many posts i just looked and now there are like 4 new ones so... hope creedo id ok he's a tough cookie. Happy mothers day to you! and happy birthday to your beauy of a girl. love you and miss u more than words could say

Goodrich said...

OUCHIE MAMA!!! Poor, but strong little guy. Can't wait to see you all--- YEAH!!!

Love ya

Addie Gaylord said...

Rennie, Poor little guy, hope he is ok. We miss you guys as well, but from the looks of things your kids are going to have such a fun time. They are going to have such good memories of this time in their lives.