Saturday, March 1, 2008

Laugh out Loud Comedy.

I feel that I have a fun life. At times a comical life. I feel that I smile most of the time and even laugh quite often. But I have to say over the past few weeks there have been a few times that I was about on the ground rolling. I think the only reason i wasn't, was simply because I was already sitting down.

I want to give a recommendation to anyone that wants a really GOOD, Hilarious, FUn, CLEan, Knee-slapping time....it's a place called Jester'z. It's a comedy club in Scottsdale that is like the tv show "Who's line is it Anyway?. EXCEPT...it's for families. So it's clean and it's so darn funny. We have made it to the show 2 times and both times, we have left with a headache from laughing so hard. The last time I went was just last weekend and I remember sitting in my chair just a little worried that I might pass out from lack of oxygen to the Brain! I am not kidding. I actually started pacing my laughter so it wasn't requiring to much energy. Finally I gave in and let it rip. The show is quite cheap..only $12.00 and is SO worth it. Give it a whirl..only don't forget to call me when you go!
There is one more thing that I need to mention about my laugh fest over the past week or so. I mean I could go on and on about silly things that happen to me or my kids say that crack me up...but on this post I will limit myself to just ONE more.

I am the type of person, and this might sound horrible, but I tend to laugh at people when they get hurt. I mean, if the person is really hurt...NO laughing here! But if it's that kind that you see on America's Funniest Home Video's...well, I might end up crying with laughter. So, with that said let me continue with my little story.

It happened just 3 days ago, while me and my children where out for a bike ride. I just bought one of those stroller/wagon (behind the bike) dealie whopper. Anyhow, we all wanted to give it a try. So, I strapped the 2 boys in, attached it to my bike and the girls grabbed their bike and scooter. Lainie on her bike and Shelb's on the scooter. As we were heading down the road, I would turn my head just ever so slightly to see if the boys were enjoying the ride. Both of them loved it...Jackpot was all i could think. I was so excited. The girls were having fun trying to keep up with me. Let me draw a picture in your mind's eye if I may. Imagine if you will...me on the road, Shelby kicking her scooter along on the sidewalk and Lainie on the dirt between us. She was basically in a planter area with bushes, trees, telephone poles, light poles and what have you. She would ride up to the sidewalk then back through a slight ditch to the road...back and forth she goes. Well as we are all pedaling along, having a gay ol' time, we see ahead that there is a smallish palm tree right smack dab in the middle of the dirt area, that Lainie is riding on. I did notice that 2 palm leaves were pointing downward and were hanging a bit low...but in a matter of 30 seconds here are the decision that she had to make.

a) ride over the curb onto the road where I was
b) ride onto the sidewalk where sister shelby is
c) duck under the huge palm leaves to continue on the dirt.

She chose (C)....she even told me out loud "I am going to have to duck under these." So as she gets closer I slow a bit to see how this is going to go down. She get there and "ooooo" doesn't duck in time. The huge palm leaf, that are as big as her, are quite strong and basically holds her body back but the bike is just barely under the leaf...so it allows the bike to keep moving. At one point I noticed both her hands come off the handlebars and up in the air, like she was surrendering to the tree. Well, the bike POPS out the other side and she does too, slightly later. She lands on her back and instantly looks at me with a surprised look on her face, like "that was nothing like I pictured it". I realized that she wasn't hurt as she jumped right up. At this point, Carter and little Creed are in the stroller laughing hard and I find myself doing the same. Lainie dusted herself off and then told me that she got "bucked off her bike". What a great sport, she is! And what a funny scene.

6 comments:

stacy said...

i would LOVE to go to jesters it sounds like a blast! i love to laught too.

poor lainie. i'm glad she didn't get hurt. it sounds hilarious the way you discribe it. :)

Ali said...

OMG - thanks for the laugh, "bucked off her bike" - that's a good one, I love it! You're a good storyteller Rennie, I totally had the visual. LOL

fivewheeler said...

I am still laughing. Lainie is awesome to just jump up and laugh with you. We can't wait to see you.

Goodrich said...

I agree with all the other comments- that is too funny. I could totally see it happening as you explained, so thanks for the picture. You inspired me to write about Ammon's funny moment. HEHE

Shelley said...

Hey!! Take us with you next time you go to Jesters. I've heard such great things and need to check it out!

ME said...

That's hilarious! You have the funniest kids - I love them! Let's plan another Jester'z night soon & just invite a bunch of people.