Sunday, March 23, 2008

A few of my favorite things!


I just recently got back from a trip to Utah. What a great 6 days we had. I always LOVE going up there to the land of the my Family and Red Sandstone mountains. I wanted to write a few things about what i love about it and why I love to go there. So the next few posts are going to be about that! Hope I don't bore you too much or make some of you homesick. But here are a few of my favorite things, about "HOME".

We were able to see Grandpa Julian to me and Great Grandpa Julian to the kids. What an amazing man and Spirit he has. He was a Sealer at the St. George Temple for years and we, Luke and I, were honored to have been sealed by him.

Carter always love to visit Aunt Sisalee's home. Wonder why?
MY Grandma Allen use to make what we called squeaky cheese...so after talking about it for so long with my kids, we found some at the local grocery store. IT's actually Cheese Curd..and it is So Yummy! (if you like cheese)














Of Course my MOM and (all) my sisters are always a major reason for a visit to UTah. They are so much fun and teach me a great deal. I try to coordinate my visits with my family that travels in from Louisiana, so it's more people to rub shoulders with. It worked this time!

While there..we were thrilled to wake up and see it snowing outside. Creed was not going to leave the window until it stopped.


Okay if you want a great Sandwich...Jimmy John's is beyond Yummilicious! Their Beach Club on Wheat....oh mylanta....this is the ticket. IT's huge and sloppy with avocado, sprouts, cucumbers, turkey and other veggies. When my brother comes in to town from Louisiana, he'll call me and rub it in that he is there...so I return the favor when in town. Luckily, we were there together this trip. (I will post about him later)

All the many nieces and nephews that live there or visit there while we are there...that is a HUGE reason to go. They are all getting bigger and older, of course, but also getting so much fun. They play great together, they love one another and they are all so different. I can't help but know that I am loved by HEavenly FAther because of these little people I get surrounded by.
***OH, and if any of you are making bets on me staying a few extra days if I can. Put your money on the extra day. You just might win.***

2 comments:

ME said...

Was that last comment for me? Because you know I laughed when I heard you were coming home on Wednesday & not Tuesday!!

weaverfam said...

What a fun trip to Utah. Ok, the pic of jimmy john's has my mouth watering. I love that place, the sandwiches are so yuuuummy, and the pickles are the best!