Tonight was what I call "success". I remember writing a post back in Sept. titled "Pillow Fight". It was about how Lainie lost her last tooth. Well, today as we were traveling home from a day trip, Lainie told her dad that she wanted him to pull her tooth that has been so loose for weeks. That was huge for her. You know that saying that people use when they are making a comparison to something hard and they say "it was like pulling teeth". We know exactly how hard that can be. Anyhow, tonight she was trying to be brave and let her dad pull the tooth. She just couldn't come up with enough bravery to follow through on the pull. So, we didn't bug her about it for a while.
Later on she came to me, Mommy of all people, and asked if I would pull her tooth. I knew that if she was asking, I couldn't turn her down. She told me to give her a second and she disappeared into the bathroom for a minute. When she returned she told me she was going to cover her eyes and then I could give it a pull. I asked her if she went into the bathroom and had a prayer. She told me she did it to be more brave. DANG CUTE!
Well, the eyes went closed and without any effort on my part but much on hers..the tooth came out. It was success! The tooth fairy better find this child tonight!
4 comments:
dang cute is right! ren she is like my baby sister...seeing her grow up and hearing these kiinds of stories...it makes me cry!!! dangit! love that bird!
Good Job Lainie...I always knew you were brave. Maybe we should have you call Bris and tell her its no bigger deal. I think she'll at Christmas she'll be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".
How awesome that she said a little prayer! She's such a good kid & let's not forget how cute she is either!
That is so awesome. You guys are definatly doing something right. What is the secret? She IS sooo cute.
Post a Comment