Monday, September 24, 2007

Time Out for US

What a wonderful weekend I had. My mother and sisters flew in from Utah and Louisiana for the Time out for Women conf. We knew that we needed a good night sleep in between the Fridays musical performance and the Saturday conference...so we made reservations for a Hotel. Honestly, we knew there would be no sleeping with us together...but it was a nice try. Just like we thought, there was no sleeping, even for the two that were trying. Let me explain a little about the pictures above...otherwise I could have a mother disowning me. My mother doesn't drink anything but water but because she was out of her element she pick up a few cold ones....I am totally kidding! While we were eating late on Friday, some bone-head put the bottles in the back of my truck. So the next morning, my mom was taking some time to teach her daughters the importance of avoiding the appearance of evil. In the middle of her lesson my finger slipped and captured this picture...oops! Also, the silly licorice pictures were taken at the point of no return. You know that point when you are so exhausted that everything is beyond hilarious? Well, that is the only explanation I can give, unless you were there. There was a time when I couldn't lift my head off the pillow and catch my breath that a scary thought pass through my mind..."can people really die from laughing?" I have to say, mom and Nic you were both such good sports on not beating us down with all the noise. One last thing. Attending this conference was such a cup filler. It rejuvenated my Spirit as a mother and wife. One of the things I kept thinking about during the two day event was that just about all of my sisters were there, on both sides, to experience the same thing I did. We ran into and ate with my mother and sister-in-laws a few times., which was fun. I loved knowing that we were just a few rows away experiencing the same talks and music. Cool stuff. I couldn't of done this with out my husband....what a STUD!

PS Bug this whole post is a lie...we didn't have any fun at all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you called your husband a stud. whats her name would be happy you said that. your night with your sisters/mudda looked fun. i know mig was jeal. and your fall doesnt look staged at all.
;)
adios.

ME said...

So much fun! I"m so glad you kept reminding me how worth it it was to go so that we made it a point to go. Did that even make any sense?
P.S. - Your husband is a stud! So is Alli's! (I'm not biased in anyway.)

Heidi said...

What a great experience to go with all the girls! It sounds like it was great!