Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wheelchair joystick 101

Here is a little story that I can't tell without laughing so hard I cry. For those that are sensitive to a cuss word, beware.
Please sit back and free your mind of any thoughts so you might get the whole picture of what I am about to tell you.
So picture in your mind Sunday afternoon, Priesthood Class just finished and this would be the 3 hour...so we are all getting excited to head home for some food and sleep. Luke and I trade off with little Creed so I can attend Relief Society the entire hour one week and then the next week Luke can sit in Priesthood with out chasing the little grommet.
Well, last Sunday it was Luke's turn to have Creed and Preisthood had been pretty uneventful until the final minutes of exiting the room. (right now I am laughing out loud knowing what is coming next)
So imagine in your mind a darling picture of Luke and Creed walking side by side, in their little Church clothes, up one the aisles to exit the Sacrament room. While walking past the last row, my darling little boy notices something strange out of the corner of his eye...what can it be. "Let's just see what this will do". I'm sure crossed Creeds mind, as he reaches up to give a yank on the Joystick on this Brother's electric wheelchair that is NOT in park. Not only did he give it a yank, he pulled it back so far that:
To little Creeds surprise that wheelchair flipped around so fast it knocked him down and then continues in a direct route to finish him off by just about running him over.
To the man in the wheelchair's surprise a loud "Holy Shit" comes belting out of his mouth...as he is trying to catch himself from flying out of his chair. (remember they are in the Chapel still full of Brothern)
And to Poor Luke's surprise...as the wheelchair flipped around so fast and out of control...the hard, sharp, metal foot hold at the bottom of the chair nailed Lukey right in the shins.
I mean this is comedy, People! If only we had this on tape.
So while we are walking out of the Chapel, Luke says I got to show you something. Once in the car he lifts up his pant legs and pulls down his socks only to find...2 dents in his shins. One actually had left skin on his sock.
Holy crap....that is funny. To the expense of everyone in the story.

3 comments:

emily said...

This is the best story!! I wish it had happened at our branch in Ellijay! We really miss you guys! How the heck did you get the music on there! I have been hoping there was a way to put music on my blog!!

renhallows said...

Click on the option at the bottom of the playlist that says "create a playlist" You set up your own account/playlist and then paste the code in a new page element under music. I hope you know that most of Luke's songs were directly related to Casa by the Sea days. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

How Hilarious! I wish I could have seen that!