Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

Can I ever forget where I was that day, back in 2001? I can not! Will I ever forget the feeling that I had that day? I can say, I will not! Will I ever forget who was sitting next to me on Sept. 11, 2001? I remember. What a tragedy that day was! Even being so far away from New York City....I felt it in the air in Mexico. It was like the sky turned dark and time stopped completely. I think that is what the twilight zone must feel like. That very feeling at that very instant, sadness rolled into shock. And in the same breath I remember feeling love. That must sound strange, but I remember watching the day unfold and watching the support from others go to those who had lost someone or looking for someone. I also remember the news saying over and over...this will not make us afraid. I have to admit, I was. But I realized in the weeks and months and even years following, that, somethings we have no control over. And the only thing we can do is...help and love others.
Love One Another comes to mind! What a deal, as my mom would say.
Now, back to love and reverence. July 2002, Luke, my father-in-law and myself were able to visit Ground Zero. We were walking in the Financial District trying to find the best street to walk up for the best look at this hole in the ground. And I mean that literally. While we were walking in the streets you could still see soot and dirt and rubbish still in the streets and on the sides of the buildings. Here we were in this huge city and it was like a ghost town in that part of town. We found the area that was designed for people to get a glance and it was crawling with people. However, it was silent! It had this amazing spirit about it. I can say, I will never forget that feeling! It over took all of us. Very Special place. Then returning again to Ground Zero in 2004 & 2006. The city it clean, built up & hopping again in that area...but still the Spirit remains. It's amazing.

No comments: