
Well it's happened...I celebrated my 32nd Birthday in August and the gray hair have come out like an entire marching band. I remember driving to work and finding my first gray hair on my 21st birthday. I remember wondering if that was the beginning of the end. I pulled it out as quick as I found it and surprisingly it didn't come back for quite some time.
But now that I am 32 it's like that day, that very day, the flood gates opened and the gray came pouring into my veins. I hate to admit that I spend my time and Luke's time in front of the mirror plucking the hairs out with tweezers. If I can't reach it, Luke can! I see them on other woman and I think that it's very beautiful to see those natural highlight through out their hair. But today before church as I plucked out about 4 ....it was like a dream. This was happening to me and it's REAL!
Well, I have decided this is the year of surrendering! I must surrender to the fact (in my own brain) that gray is in. I must also surrender to the fact that the hips, butt and arms will never be the same as they use to. I suppose I have to surrender to the fact that I have to get my sleep in order to function the next day. And finally I will have pleasure in surrendering to the fact that I may be getting older, but tomorrow is still new to me!
PS Heidi, thanks for the cake pic.
4 comments:
HAPPY 32!! Getting older isn't a bad thing! You should come celebrate with us at Girls Night-Gwen Stefani!! And the cake is so cute.. I stole it from a friend as well! Hope you had a fun bday!
I so feel your pain on all of this as you know! I can no longer hide the grays as well - along with the big butt, thighs, arms, hips - ok - EVERYTHING on me!! I need boot camp again bad!
Hey happy birthday! I am such a loser.......I never know anyones birthday or at least I don't ever remember them!
Ren! About the right time in this family to get the quick change to silver! The joy is in knowing the years and the hairs continue and get better and better! Happy happy happy! Love lots
Post a Comment