Friday, September 9, 2011

On The Move

Well...It's only been 4 days without my lover and he'll be home tonight, I'm very excited!
He started his new job in Chandler and the rest of his brood is still here in S. Tucson with me.

I am nervous and excited to have a real conversation with him about his job. Not just a quick 10 minute phone convo...but a face to face, lip to lip conversation. Hehehe.

Yes..with him starting a new job that means...we'll be moving again. Moving...baahh!
We have moved so many times in our 14 yr marriage, I won't even bore you with the details.
Okay, I will.
20 moves in 14 years.
That could be an entire move with all our belongings. That could mean only moving our clothes and our bed. That could mean driving across the country 2 times and nearly 8 years apart. That could mean moving 100 yards from one house to the next...twice. That could mean sleeping at my mom's or mother-in-laws home for more than 3 months while our stuff is shoved in a storage unit waiting for our job to be available.
OH...you name it...we probably have done it.
We've lost items that were dear and priceless and then we have lost items that we couldn't give away fast enough. We have broken mirrors and found things from when we first got married that we forgot we had.

Stuff. Stuff. Stuff...who needs it?

Well...so we are off again. We will be moving in the next few months. Once we rent our home out and locate another in the Mesa/Gilbert area.
I am excited to go back to that area...where all of Lukes family lives, HOORAY.
And let me not forget that it's 2 hrs closer to my family. YIPPEE!

But, I am so sad to leave my sweet, dear friends that I have made here.
Ones that have taught me patience, love, laughter, to accept others, to extend your family to your neighbors and of course a wicked game of spoons. I have learned so much from the woman that I am surrounded by. I have just really learned to love them all.
This area that I live in is one in a million. We are all mostly transplants. Either working for Border Patrol, Raytheon, Davis Monthan Base or of course some other job. But most of us are not from this area...therefore in need of extended family.
Which, I feel has made our ward and area so wonderful and close. Oh...I'll miss this place.
I love that we live so close to the pool, park and schools. I love that we live on just a wonderful street with such neat people. I love that I can run in the morning and see numerous people I know from either church or school and feel safe. It's a great place.

NOW...I must look outside my selfish reasons and remember that this is such a blessing for my family. We have been given an opportunity to start new and go closer to family. We have been praying and fasting and trying to keep so still in our minds to hear what Heavenly Father wants for us.
And then this came! 
WE have been blessed and for some reason...we are to be in the Valley of the Sun (again).

to be continued.....

2 comments:

Mama Mayhem said...

Oh goodness you are getting the move I have longed for! I miss you and now you'll be playing vball with our lovely ladies again.*so jealous*
Have you stopped by the new blog friend?
http://singlemamastampede.blogspot.com/
love you... call me!

Anonymous said...

so excited!!!!! :D