Sunday, September 18, 2011

Soccer Update

Well...it's official..Soccer has begun.
We have played for two weeks now, but Beans games were cancelled due to weather last weekend, so this was our first Friday night and Saturday morning weekend. We have practice for all the kids on Mondays from 5-7pm and then again on Wednesday's for the girls from 5-7pm. On Friday night we have one game for Shelby's division and then Saturday morning are the rest of the games. We are drowning in Soccer!

Bird scored  the first goal of the season on Saturday....You know it! She was so excited, well we all were. I might of turned into that mom that jumps around screaming. BUT...I didn't run around saying "that's my daughter!!". She had many great attempt at the goal..but her score was fantastic. It was an up and over the Keepers head. We were all so happy for her!

Beans scored the first goal of the season for her team, Friday night under the lights! She was also so excited. I had to miss the game...but Luke tells me it was a fantastic game. I can NOT wait to till this Friday to watch her in action. She is a hustler and see the field so well. Yahoo! Can't wait!

Cedar scored the 2nd goal of the game for his team, Saturday morning. He also scored last week...but this week was a score for all the kids...minus ONE! Carter did a great job! I am always impressed with his quickness and ability to get the ball down the field. What a dude.

Muscles didn't score this weekend...he woke up with a bit of croup and so he only played one quarter and sat out the rest of the game to rest. It's okay...while he was in...he did a wonderful job and keep the ball out of the goal. What a guy!

Lukey is the assistant coach for Beans team and loves it. I signed him up with out asking and he wasn't sure he'd be into it...but rest assured...it's loving it! The coach might be reconsidering his choice of assistant due to Luke's excitement. I am sure he is wonderful!

I coach the boys team and have a blast doing it. I secretly LOVE LOVE LOVE being on the sideline, running up and down the line directing the boys. I love teaching them skills and then at the same time..wonder if I am short changing them..because I am not the PROFESSIONAL soccer dad coach that many teams have. However...it's fun and I love it!

Memphis or Goobs and we call him...is all of the teams mascot! He loves to cheer for them and clap and yell...and eat lots of snacks! He is a good addition to any team.

ONE last thing...our names this year just happen to be as follows.

Lainie's Team: PINK Lightning
Shelby's Team: Green Lightning Bolts
Boys Team: Lightning Bolts.

It must be due to all the monsoon weather we've been having.....we got lightning on the brain!

GO TEAMS!

No comments: