People, we are in a fight for our lives and our beliefs.
Well, for those who believe the way I do.
I am so concerned with not being heard. Even though we are the majority vote on numerous items that I have been following lately. I sometimes feel like the whos, in Horton hears a Who. The people on that speck of dirt are screaming to be heard and only Horton can hear them. Then comes that big bad purple kangaroo and says "it doesn't matter, it's not the way it's suppose to be", even though everyone else knows it's right.
I have been keeping my ears peeled lately in regards to the PROP 8 deal in California, the SB 1070 here in AZ, the mosque situation in NYC and the Health Bill for the Country. And, all the other things that are being supported by the majority but for some reason or another get over turned because one person says 'it just wouldn't be right". I don't pretend to be so versed in Politics, I just know what I believe and what I see and hear around me. And to me...it's crazy!
IT infuriates me that most of AZ support having our borders protected, actually most the country support having our borders protected, YET....it's shot down! Or it's put on hold so that some aren't offended.
I am offended and the side I am on is the majority...so why isn't it being heard?
I am in the mind set that if I get pulled over in a car and have done something illegal...you better believe I will get a ticket or possibly sent to jail. Why is it that when you cross a border and it's considered illegal and but if you DON"T get caught it's all GOOD.
I have lived over the southern border and know that if you want to work you carry your documentation or your kicked out! I know that! We had frequent visits from the Mexican/American Consulate to verify all paperwork. I also know that I have been stopped, over charged, questioned for no reason, stole from because the color of my skin. I know some of you that read this might roll your eyes at that last sentence....but it's very true and my friend that were local would admit that. I know it's not right, but it happens...therefore you either deal with it or you move. So, we dealt with it by having our work visa and having our US passports and paying taxes every paycheck and having insurance on our cars in the US and in Mexico. And we dealt with it by paying all 300+ employees the right way through their banking systems and filing with their tax people and paying their "surprise" fees that were different every time you turn around. We were legit and then after 6 years STILL got forced out. And when I mean forced out....I am talking about by 70+ men and woman with guns strapped to them and them holding my husband and close friends behind doors for 48 hrs without a call to see if all was well....even with the right documentation.
That is a long story for another day!
But the point is....I don't like the way I was treated, I don't want that to happen to anyone here in the states. But you gotta be legal!
So maybe we make it easier to become a citizen of the US. I have a friend that applied 2 times to become a citizen. My friend is highly educated and has highly educated parents. When she finally got her answer it was thought that she was only coming here to become a prostitute. So, now she lives here illegally. Maybe, we make it less of a pain to do it the right way. I am not against people coming here to find a new life! I wouldn't be here if that was the case. My ancestors all came across the waters to America.
But we Can't over look something that's illegal, just because we might offend. Believe me when I say that I am NOT encompassing all that live south of the border to be crooks, dishonest or an any way doing anything bad or illegal. I have numerous friends that are WONDERFUL people that still live there and I miss them daily. I just can't agree with someone using anothers SSN to cross the border just because.
With Prop 8...again the majority voted and won. NOW...someone has been offended and again it's in the air. Why is the majority of the people not being taken serious? Someone close to me said "why shouldn't they have a right to be married it's like holding a library card". I say "WHAT the H?"
It goes way beyond the right of a person.
Let's say it is their right for conversation purposes...what happens to my rights then? You may ask how my rights would be violated?
HEAR ME OUT:
Their right to be married as a gay person and live that type of perversion, which I believe it is, is going to say that it's accepted and it's normal.
Then, It's going to say that it's normal & okay and so now we can teach it in school to my children.
It's going to say that its accepted and normal and therefore sin it accepted and normal.
I teach my children what I believe is right. I just DO NOT want my children to be forced into having to learn about it from someone other than me and my husband.
I just don't buy it!
They can be gay, but I can't Pray? Hmmm! interesting.
I have a family member that is gay and I can promise you that this lifestyle has only brought heartache, pain and sickness. I love him and know that he loves us. I feel so sorry for him because he will never understand true happiness. The happiness that comes with having a family of his own.
It's not normal and them having that right is offending me.
But...offending the majority is what is happening lately. The people that are overturning all the majority votes aren't wanting to offend the minority. It's crazy. It's like the people have spoken but there is nobody listening. OR, "they" listen for a bit to make us happy and then pull the rug out from underneath us to make whom ever didn't vote that way feel all warm and cozy.
I heard, on the radio, some man saying to another that all of these people that are fighting the prop 8 and the mosque being built and the immigration issue...they are all doing this out of Fear. This man tried to make it seem like it's a phobia type thing or a bad thing.
I say....I am doing this out of FEAR.
I fear for my Freedoms, my children, my safety.
Is that a problem?
Why is us being fearful for our American way of life that is dwindling from underneath us a bad thing?
I have heard of this "being" that tells one person all that they want to hear and more. He promises them the moon and the stars. And then turns around and stabs them in the back to save face with another.
Sound Familiar to anyone that knows the story of, dare I say.... Satan?
did I go a little far there?
I guess it might be time to offend in order to defend!
what do you think?
7 comments:
Amen!
Couldn't agree with you more my dear! You must watch Glenn Beck if you're not already doing it. He sure knows how to put things right and expose the "deceiver". I'm so glad you are passionate about what's going on - I hope the rest of the gang is paying attention too. Papa and I don't talk about this stuff to you guys cause we assume you're aware of what's going on...frankly, we talk about a LOT of things we should...maybe we need to start having REAL SERIOUS FHE's together "oncst a muunth"
XOXOMimi
AMEN!!!!!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!
I'm too tired to comment, but that is the world now, if we want to live righteously, we get a lot of flack. I was debating this with my younger brother, who clearly has different views- he says parent shouldn't force religion- I said it goes both ways. I have heard yelling, screaming, obsenities on the other line when my daughter has called a young lady who wants to go to church, and invited her, and the mom says heck no- but hey, we don't pay attention to that, just us parents that have our children go to church!
You go girl! Couldn't have said it better myself!
Hey,
You be the woman. I'm so thankful you have a brain and know how to use it. Thanks for being a good example to me and teaching me to make a stand. I'm sure we are going to have decide what side we are really on and make our voices heard. I'm with you!!
Post a Comment