Thursday, August 5, 2010

San Diego Trip

OH.. San Diego...I LOVE YOU!

Last weekend we made a fast, exciting, wonderful...did I mention Fast? trip to the Juan Deigo. It was such a good time.
The weather was amazing....mid 60's all day long.
That is the weather I was born to live in.
LOVED IT!

We got into town mid morning on Friday....
12pm...Hit Pacific Beach for a few hours. Froze in the water. Once you lost all feeling in your legs and hips...the water was Perfecto. We made sand castles, buried Shelb's in the sand, collected seaweed, watched the surfers and enjoyed watching lil' Guy & Muscles & Cedar on the beach for the first time.


5pm....Hit a San Diego Padres game with the kids. What a blast. The kids had a great time, even though the game was pretty long. I had to take all the ninos to the top of the stadium for a "stretch your bones" walk at the top of the 4th inning. The mom and daughter sitting next to us had season tickets and got loads of free things...so they shared their SD tattoos with all the kids.


Saturday morn:
9am...of course...B-fast at KONOS on the Pacific Beach boardwalk. We don't go to San Diego without treating ourselves to a plate of kono's pancakes, eggs and taters.

11am...Hit Sea World with the other million people that were there. It was packed, but still such a good time. We watched the fireworks at 9:30pm while sharing a bag of cotton candy. We stayed till they closed and then drove as far as our eyelids would allow. Finally at 1am we found the nearest hotel and then Sunday morn, we headed out again.

See...I said fast and I meant it!
To fast....I need to go back....yesterday.

3 comments:

Crazy Momma said...

I love San Diego! It seems like our two trips there where rushed too. Looks like you had fun! I love to colages, is that a computer program or something I could do on my computer? LOVE IT, LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Oh! My favorite place on earth! San Diego. I'm so lucky to have my dad there, so I have lots of excuses to visit often.

Mike + Mignon said...

next time i think you need a mimi along to enjoy the fun! papa and i will be happy to meet you there!