Tuesday, August 10, 2010

bug off

Today I was reminded of a time, not so long ago, that I stood out on my back porch in Blue Ridge Ga. I was standing with my girls just painting and visiting with them and must of been talking to much...when a bug or fly flew right in my mouth and down my throat. I couldn't believe it. I gasp coughing, trying to get it to come back out and be free, back the fresh air that it knew and loved so much. But to no avail,  I had just swallowed a fly, I dont' know why I swallowed the fly...perhaps I'll die. OKAY, i got carried away just now.

Today as I was preparing my lunch, which just happened to be a salad with yummy "green goddess" dressing, which has lots of black little seasonings in it. I noticed a little gnat flying around my bowl. I shooed it away and it came right back. I swatted at it and, I think, but am not sure, that it fell outside my bowl. I could be wrong, and probably am, but I am gonna think that I didn't eat it today....which I am sure I did.

What is it with me and eating bugs? especially after seeing this photo...SICK!

PS I love celery but the smell stays on your hands FOREVER! oooh oowheey, what's up with that?

1 comment:

Mike + Mignon said...

That's one nasty lookin gnat! Yeah, you can BET you ate it! more protein for you and more laughs for me!