Friday, April 2, 2010

Who was the fool?

The girls have been planning for a week what type of joke they could pull on their dad come April 1st.
Some of the ideas were:

1) a big bag of water inside his pillow (birdie's idea)
2) glue in his toothpaste (birdies' idea)
3) whip cream in his shampoo (birdies idea)
4) stickers in his shoes (muscles & cedars idea)
5) a paper taped to his back that reads "spank me" (chevy's idea)
6) short sheet his bed (birdie's idea)
7) shaving cream in his hand while he sleeps and then tickle his nose with a feather (chevy's idea)
8) Truck & toys & garbage & things in his shoes and when he steps into his shoe he will say "hey, there is garbage in my shoe" (muscles idea)
9) cut holes in the soles of his shoes (birdie's idea)

Finally after saying NO to everything, because either it would make more work for me or it would bodily injure that dad......we came up with an idea!

when Luke got home we had painted Birdies' eye like she had gotten in a fight at school. (I prepared him before so he would play along). The story was that she got in a fight because someone was making fun of her sister and Birdie was defending her sisters honor. Birdie tried her hardest to sell it...but after 2 minutes of him pretending to believe her....she had to tell the truth. It was cute to watch her.

My joke on the kids was trying to convice them that I was making Liver and spinach for dinner. I pulled out a recipe and showed it to Birdie...I had her crying. I am so mean!!!
She was not going to eat with us...she had made up her mind that starving would be better than eating liver and spinach. when it came time for dinner...I had soup, rolls and salad on the table. She was glad of that!

Last joke of the night came after dinner when Luke finally got home from work and we had talked for a bit about april fools with the kids. Muscles had spilled a bowl of soup on the floor so I was on my knees wiping up the mess and heard a loud voice across the house say
"April fools Dad, Your Ugly"
I shot snot rockets out my nose! I laughed so hard and when I finally saw Luke's face...he was cracking up too!
what a silly guy.

One last thing I forgot....earlier in the day this was the face that greeted me while I was feeding the baby. Yes, that's peanut butter....and he did it to himself.
what a nut!

2 comments:

Omnes said...

It sounds like you and your fam has so much fun together!

Tammy K said...

good tricks - I was a party pooper and didn't do a thing!