Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Mother Earth Day

It rained today on our little part of the Earth and how appropriate was that?
It rained all the dust, the gunk, the smoke, the dirt out of the air and made the Earth clean.
OH, how I wish there was a way I could bottle the smells that I enjoyed today.
I took a drive with my 3 boys and sweet husband while the 2 girlies were expanding their brain power in school. We decided to take Luke to work today for the fun of it.
We drove 45 mintues out to......

While there it rained and hailed and the smells that seep from the Earth out in the country are simply unbelieveable.
The smell of
FRESH EARTH,
CLEAN EARTH,
WET EARTH!


it brings back so much to my mind.
it brings back my grandparents house on their little farm.
it brings back family reunions in the mtns.
it brings back spring showers and may flowers
it brings back playing in the rain
it brings back driving in the rain just to drive
it brings back so much more

It took us 45 minutes to get to the ranch and 2 hours to get home...I had to stop and take a few photos and bark at a few dogs that wanted to eat us.

If you know me...then you know I am a lolligagger when I want to be...and a drive could last all day.

I had to close my eyes and breath it all in....HEAVEN.

I hope you took a minute today to enjoy the EARTH that we call home.



                                                                                        peace

4 comments:

Alli said...

Oh my gosh, when did that sign get put up there? Man, I miss that place and seeing you guys all the time. I'm glad you're still doing just as swell as ever!

laceeJ said...

I know! I have been loving our air in Hurricane these last couple weeks...almost a sweet fresh clean smell! Now I just need some sagebrush from Kingston to add to the mix!

RUBY said...

nothing compares to the rainy day in hawaii tho! shoots sorry bout it. Ive ever seen Arivaca looks so beautiful!

Mike + Mignon said...

I'm right there with ya on this one too Ren! But have you ever played in the warm Florida rain? I know, I know...the desert and the way it smells after being pelted with fat rain drops is unbelievable - but my best memories of rain were made while growing up in Jacksonville. It rained every single day that I can remember! and it was a warm rain and we played in it like it wasn't even happening! Talk about clean earth...everything was washed fresh almost every day - sure got spoiled rotten - and now, after being stuck in AZ for 30 years - I treasure the rains when they come. I LOVE the rain at Arivaca Ranch too - haven't seen anything quite as beautiful this side of Tallahassee!