As a child I always remember looking for 4 leaf cloves, hoping to find that small symbol of luck. I sat for hours picking through thousands of clovers to be the person to find "THE ONE". St. Patty's day, for me, was always fun...trying to find that person that didn't wear green so you could pinch them. And always using the excuse that the reason your green wasn't visable was because "it's on my undies".
This year we were in Utah for the big green day and my mother had my kids feeling the same about this day as I did as a child.
First thing in the morning my mother had all the kids out in the garden searching for those darn leprechauns. These kids were leaving no stone unturned, no leaf untouched and no trees unclimbed. My mom had them all convinced that the little guys like to eat anything green and that they do NOT want to be captured. She had them outside for over 2 hours searching and they weren't giving up. Finally my mom decided that they should try to lure or TRAP the leprechauns under a box and a peace offering......paper 4 leaf clovers, flowers and some of my dad's fizzy water that was in a green bottle...it had to work...it just had to.
Well the result was while the children were searching over the north 40....the leprechauns took their offerings and left a note with green little chocolates..otherwise known as M&M's and a mushroom/toadstool.
That was just not enough for my oldest daughter....she loved the chocolates but wanted MORE. She wanted to be the only human to actually see them....so before she made a quick trip to the grocery store with my mom there was another note written and left in the "TRAP".
I love the mind of children....I love that they can see past the limitations of reality. I believe that mind is so much more colorful, fun and enjoyable. why do we have to forget that? I suppose that's part of being an adult.
DARN!
No comments:
Post a Comment