Friday, June 12, 2009

pregnancy humor


I try, I really do try to find the humor in my current life situation...which just happens to be Pregnancy!
I have always loved being pregnant and I never really get sick. My biggest issues have been when I get a bit frustrated towards the end when nothing fits and I feel like I am drowning in myself.


This pregnancy has been slightly different and it being my last, I have really been trying to focus and find the humor in this little body of mine.

Over the past few weeks there have been times where I am all alone and find myself cracking up at different things that happen to me.

Example #1)
2 hr. Temple Session + Knee Highs folded to the ankles+ Pregnant swollen legs = tootsie roll type creased cankle, tree stump legs.

*When I was in the dressing room undressing and finally got to removing the knees highs and saw this result...I couldn't help but crack up all my myself. It's just good clean fun right there.

Example #2)
Swimming Race + competitiveness + Family Reunion + Pregnant Lungs = not holding your breath longer than 5 seconds under water. (quite disappointing)

*At the reunion it was family against family and so being the person I was, so sure of my swimming abilities....tried to do my best but when trying to go the length of the pool...I got maybe 5 ft...(Maybe) I could tell I really let my team down.

Example #3)
Running shoes + Pregnant swollen feet = bulging at the seams type of shoe looking thing.

*this morning while putting on my running shoes for the first time in a month...I just had to crack up at myself and the way the shoes looked and felt? From the top of the shoe it reminded me when the HULK's shoe get ready to split wide open. I had to laugh. It was like that saying "trying to stick 2 lbs of crap in a 1 lb bag"...yeah kind of like that!
Example #4)
shaving legs = a patch of hair always missed right on the shin
Example #5)
Root beer lovin husband on the phone + gallon sized container sold at A & W = sexy pregnant mama walking out of the A&W store by self with a huge plastic jug of Root beer in tow...and husband in car talking on the phone no where in sight! The picture of that makes me laugh!
I must say, I did have a swig or two of the ol' root-a-bega...yum-o
* that just cracks me up!

5 comments:

ME said...

Again - you're still looking purdy dang good. Just think - it could be worse! :) I'm glad we were able to see you & hope to see you again SOON!!

fivewheeler said...

Ren, you're funny! Last night whilst at the Roadrunners game and I was making my way back to my seat I was carrying peanuts and a frozen lemonade and having the same thoughts you had when you were packing out the rootbeer...except I am not pregnant. What a bust!

Melissa Monday said...

I so know how you feel. I'm going through the same thing with swollen legs and hands and feet. I especially notice it when in the temple or riding in the car or heck, any time at all. Congratulations, by the way though.

emily said...

Oh, Ren how I miss thee!! You crack me up girl. I always like being pregnant until like the 8 month and it just all goes down hill from there! Good luck and hope the heat doesn't turn you into an umpalumpa!

Crazy Momma said...

well at least you just missed hair... I was so big and would bend to shave and get out of breath and pull the razor too fast and cut myself (bad!)
Way to look at is the best way. luv ya!