Thursday, May 21, 2009

I want that!

While perched on the couch this morning with my breakfast and getting my update of morning drama from the news I over heard this commercial and just about spit my mini wheat's across the room from pure hilarity. I nearly had to check the information guide for a typo on what I was sure was the news....but seemed like a SNL skit. I was waiting for one of the actors to say
"LIVE, IT"S Saturday night" but no such luck. Which meant the commercial was legit.












What I saw was this lady walking around a bbq and she must of been in charge because she made a comment about how her fibromyalgia pain can't keep her down because all these people are relying on her to get things done. She tells the lucky viewers that she has a new love and it's LYRICA. It helps with the chronic pain and it's NOT an antidepressant!

Then her voice is muted and a voice over comes on ever so pleasant and encouraging. The voice says such things like:

"While taking this, please report any side effects that are similar to an allergic reactions such as swelling in the face, mouth, lips, gums, tongue and neck. You could experience and should report any change in Breathing, skin, eye sight and/or Fever."

"Some other side effects could be suicidal thoughts or actions, unusual changes in moods or behavior. There could also be signs of depression or increase in current depression. "

"You could experience dizziness, sleepiness and weight gain and should not operate a motorized vehicle until you are away of the side effects from LYRICA"

I couldn't believe this commercial...with all those warnings I was sure it wasn't seriously real.

"Dr., Dr. I wanted to report my side effects but was so dizzy I couldn't find my phone, once I found it I thought about beating myself with it but luckily walked by a mirror just then and saw that I didn't really recognize myself because my skin has changed so much and decided against it. When I finally realized what was going on my throat was swollen shut from an allergic reactions."

HONESTLY.....this is not an antidepressant but you will need one or two if you take this!!!

Sign me up!

9 comments:

Harmony said...

Ahahahahahahaha! I love your "Dr, dr" addition. That is so funny. They should do a skit like that on SNL starring Rennie and Luke Hallows. I especially like the black and white portions of infomercials. PS. Have you ever heard of the Onion Network? You should check them out online. You could be a writer for them.

Anonymous said...

i laughed in my head at this commercial! especially at the part that says "may cause suicidal thoughts or actions." hmmm.....okay, as long as i dont feel pain from my fibromyalgia.

seriously?! people are really going to take something that may cause a bucket load of other problems? i dont get it....

loriallen said...

You truely are absolutely hilarious! My friend's Dr prescribed it. Hesitantly she got on it, just to sleep all the time. She jokes that that's why she felt less pain, because she slept through it all!

fivewheeler said...

"once I found it I thought about beating myself with it..." holy crap that line was the kicker in this whole crazy funny post. Seriously you should be a comedy writer and I know just the person you could write for...you kiss him every day. You could live wherever you want and Luke could make millions making people laugh. I'll even volunteer to be his booking agent. (For 30%) hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your blog is so cute and funny!! Hope all is well! Could you send me an e-mail address to tkaminska@hotmail.com???
Miss you guys!

Crazy Momma said...

all of those sound like that... I never want an Rx cause the side effects scare me. You are a funny lady!

Ali said...

L-O-STINKING-L! I haven't seen this commercial yet, but I've been noticing this with other drug commercials! Maybe it IS time to legislate stupidity?! LOL

Tammy K said...

You're totally Part of the Fam!!!

Here's her address
kristineandjerrytwiggs.blogspot.com

I can't wait to get her all set up doing this :)

Crazy Momma said...

hey sorry I answered your questions on the SYTYCD post on my page.