Friday, March 6, 2009

in need of a skin doctor and FAST


Hugging my love last night before bed caused a bit of a freak out attack inside the old heart chamber.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am very aware of my honey's body...the moles, the freckles, the sun marks, the scars and all else that falls in the category of being very familiar with my sexy husband.

Last night I just about called a doctor on the spot.

Speaking of spot...that's what I found.....

2 brand new brown, pencil eraser sized textured mole type things right at his collar bones. I helped myself to feeling them and right away could feel them not being just a normal sun mark...they were protruding away from his skin.


INSTANTLY...I got freaked out and started in on the whole

"those are brand new spots"
"I don't like that at all"
"Honey, you are seeing a doctor tomorrow".
"I don't like this, it's not a good sign"
Of course all he does is roll his eyes and laughs.

So back to the mole I go....feeling and then slightly picking and then realizing that one of the marks is splitting into two pieces. At this point I can hear a voice in my head "don't pick a mole, it can cause cancer"
I wanted to stop the picking process, but thought it was just to tempting to not keep it going.
So again, back to the spots I go....I pulled out the fingernail and gave it a slight flick....and dang
Half of the spot fell off...no blood, no mark nothing. (hmmm, suspicious!)
My mind starts reeling and then it happened........

LIGHT BULB MOMENT

Luke and I had just finished a bowl of chunky brownie chocolate ice cream.
(which is a killer heart burn treat...don't do it...it's death)
Wouldn't you know it...those 2 brown spots were removed with a lick of his finger and a huge laugh from both of us.

That would of be so funny to show up at a doctors office in need of a special look at my chocolate moles that happen to show when my spoon had a little dripage action going on!

Ooops!

6 comments:

saskia said...

pregnancy hormones going to your head big time, aren't they :) ha ha

Anonymous said...

thanks. i don't think i can look at ice cream the same again...


or luke.

Ali said...

You crack me up! SO glad they were chocolate bumps and nothing more serious!

Harmony said...

Your story reminded me of something. Remember our skookie place? It's closed down! Maybe I already told you that but last night we really wanted one but had to resort to making our own from scratch (well, sorta). Last time we did that we were with you guys. Needless to say, we wished you were near to enjoy it with us. But I hear skookies cause choco pox :)

RUBY said...

LOL!!!
oh rennie...this is a knee-slapper! how funny...i can just see it now! miss you and cant wait to see yall and rub your prego belly!!!!

Sarah said...

That is hilarious!!!! I wish my hubby had some of those moles instead of the yucky kind.