Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Feb. 14th

This Valentines, my dear sweet husband had to work thee ENTIRE 14th of Feb.
It was a royal stink bomb for both of us....but we tried to make the best of it.

Fortunately for me...we had some visitors to entertain us.
My Sis & Bro-in-law came down with their 2 girls to celebrate love day with us.
Thanks Mel & Big E for spending the day with us. We had a great time.

After some lunch....we headed up to Madera Canyon a local state park just south of us.

We did some light hiking, some snowball throwing (seriously). I know to most snow in Feb is not abnormal and your homes might be engulfed in the white stuff...but in Southern Arizona snow is just about unheard of. We don't have it all over, but it's in the shaded areas up in the mtns. and our kids were bound and determined to find it. Sad for Aunt Mel...she got hit the most by my boys.

We also found a wonderful little stream to criss cross back and forth across for a hour or so. Of course little Creamers was not having the rock hopping...he was the one that marched straight through the stream to get to the other side. What a dude.

The weather was amazing,
the company was wonderful
and the day was just about perfect...
if we would of had our Poor Lukey Boy!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

That looks like a blast! Dang, I'm mad because we were going to swing by there this weekend, but everything got screwed up. Wish we could be here when your here. Dang, dang.. We'll get together soon!

Goodrich said...

Ren- I sure do love you. I am glad to hear that your Valentine's Day was good, I know it could have been better; luckily you had him later in the weekend- Right!!!

Crazy Momma said...

that looks amazing! the wind here is deadly so we havn't got much time outside but come spring I hope to take the girls to horsetooth mountain. Happy Love day a few days late!

Grammy Sue said...

Hi Reni,
I met Lisa Hallows in St. George and she gave me your blog address. I hope you don't mind me taking a peak at your darling family. In case you don't remember I am Crystal Honey's mom. I remember the night she met Luke and called me at midnight on the phone to share the news. She lives in Lubbock, Texas now but I will tell her what a wonderful family you have. Take care. Best Wishes
Susan Honey in Kanab