Monday, February 9, 2009

Sorry Mel..I had to! Please don't egg my house tonight!

So I had one of the funniest conversations this morning with my hilarious sister in law.

This post isn't to make fun of anyone, I mean Mel..but it's to make someone laugh as hard as I did...so I suppose it's to make laughter.

I must warn you now that some of the words in this post
will be making references to the female anatomy.
As I was talking on the phone to my SIL I had the tv on mute while making breakfast for the boys. I looked up some of my recorded items on the trusty Dvr and realized the grammy's were on. I don't like watching all the "JUNK" that comes along with these types of shows, but I love music and love to see certain people perform. The idea of recording and fast-forwarding a 4 hour show and having it watched in 10 minutes is what I'm talking about. As I was fast-forwarding through one of the presentations I stopped it to see who Natalie Cole was walking out on the stage with.
Now...just note that Mel and I were talking briefly about the Grammy's so she knew that I was multi-tasking while talking to her.
At that moment I made this, now I realize, unnecessary comment about her dress.
The comment was:
"Wow, I swear part of Natalie Coles areola is showing" because of how low her dress was.

Just when I said it I stopped and waited. Wondering if I had offended the other part of the conservationist by using that word and I suppose I stopped for some sort of response from the other side of the phone...which I did get.

The response was

"Oh, yeah...she does have a huge mouth.'

I started cracking up and asked mel if she knew what an areola was. That question sparked laughter from both sides of the phone. I couldn't stop laughing and then came the tears.

She informed me that the body part that she was talking about...which is very much appropriate especially when talking about Natalie Cole, was that dangly thing that hangs down in the back of your mouth.
By the way...Mel does know her body and knew what "that" was...but I reminded her that I didn't make any reference to the dress when this all happened so...not seeing what I was seeing might confuse.
And also I reminded her that...I was a 4 time nursing mother so that body part was very familiar to me.

Areola, Uvula....both strange names...but totally different when dealing with LIVe Television.

7 comments:

fivewheeler said...

Ok, even though you had already told me the story on the phone, when I read it I still laughed extremely hard. Mel is awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

ME said...

watch your back....

stacy said...

that is SO funny! amber and i had a similar conversation. i said uvula and she thought vulva...completely different parts of the body friend.

Crazy Momma said...

no need to feel bad kevin finally let me live down mixxing up the sternum when my ribs hurt for the male part where sperm grow- now that's imbarrisment

Robbie said...

Stepped in what?

laceeJ said...

ovaries, uvula, vulva, all these VVVVV...sss HA HA! Thanks for the laugh!

Ali said...

That is so funny RH! Thanks for the laugh! This is typically how the conversation goes between my sister & I when there is geography involved. I'm a little afraid of what a conversation between her & I might involve if it was regarding human anatomy! LOL

On a separate note that only a nursing mother would appreciate - the word I just had to type for the word verification was "latch". Go figure! LOL