My sweet little daughter has a heart of gold. This afternoon we were cleaning the house a bit with all the windows wide open, trying to enjoy the nice beautiful 78 degree weather from the inside.When out the window we over heard the tinker toyish music from the ice cream truck. You know the kind...the kind that sounds like a dancing ballerina jewelry box when you open it... kind. Well, from out of no where I hear this comment:
Lainie: "mom, this is going to sound really weird but I feel really bad for the ice cream man"
Me: (laugh) "yeah, me too. Lainie, why do you feel bad for him?"
Lainie: "he just drives around all day and no body ever buys his ice cream"
Me: "Yeah, it's kind-of sad huh? You know when I was a really little girl I remember buying ice cream from the ice cream truck"
Shelby: (from some unseen place in the house) "I like the Schwan man, he has good ice cream"
Lainie: "yeah"
5 minutes later we hear the ice cream truck again and I hear feet running all over the house. I know that those feet are on the end of the 3 oldest kids trying to get a peek out the window of this lonely ice cream man. The music stopped and the kids say quietly "what happened, the music stopped?".
Just then I hear heavy fast feet running to the room I am in...
Lainie: "IT FINALLY HAPPENED....someone bought ice cream from him".
It was like the old lady in the nursing home was just visited or that old man that hasn't left his house in years finally made it out the front door to see the sun or that lonely, tired Ice cream truck driver...finally made a sell!
It's a miracle.
*I just need to refrain from telling her all the horror stories, that I heard, that come with that lonely ol' Ice cream truck driver.
1 comment:
So funny Rennie. Just let them buy from the guy, will ya. Sorry we missed you yesterday. I know I got up early enough to make it. We just couldn't leave that baby.
Post a Comment