Wednesday, February 11, 2009

oh, the choices...what a bother

I hate:

buying Toilet paper
buying paper towels

They are all very useful...but what a waste.

And has anyone noticed how small the rolls are getting these days.
I dread the decision making process when standing in front of all those rolls that have 2 ply or 1 ply or 1000 sheets or 25% more here or much softer or more squeezable or easier to flush or lint free or fragrant free or sandpaperish.

what a joke!!

Where are the leaves when you need them?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we've got some in burlaps in our backyard. i'll save ya some for when you come....

saskia said...

I don't buy paper towels. I use a lot of washclothes though!

Crazy Momma said...

want another choice?... for your health they say you sould use the flushable whipes. yet another choice.
Baby and me are doing fine. Kevin worries cause i'm in pain most days but i'm getting older so that could be it.

loriallen said...

I'm a pretty basic toilet paper gal. I don't need or like anything fancy for something that doesn't even smell that good. I do LOVE the flushable wipes! I always have those babies handy!!! I did try and REUSE (one way to RECYCLE) different items. School papers-too scratchy, but I was able to really pay attention to the grades they were getting and even fund some errors. Old burp cloths, well they just plug the toilet. Old scrubbing pads do get the job done, but at a pretty steep price, if ya know what I mean. I am still trying to find the perfect item, and I alays come back to my cheap toliet paper. I do enjoy the use of paper towels in the kitchen. I do try and conserve, but not really.

laceeJ said...

My Father in Law grew up in Hildale, and their outhouse was equipped with a 2x4 that you would use to "scrape" with! How about them apples?! The slippery magazine pages were not his favorite. TMI?

Anonymous said...

great news! you dont have to buy toilet paper anymore! mimi has a butt load (haha) in her front yard waiting for you!