Monday, September 29, 2008

birthday, round-up, organic cake..all exciting stuff





Today is my loves 33rd Birthday and we had a great time celebrating it.
It started on Friday evening when we were able to see a movie in Tucson (thanks Allison K for the sitting you will never know how grateful I really am).

We then met some of Luke's family for dinner. Uncle Jack, Auntie Ali, Mimi and Papa saved us a seat for some delicious food after the movie. We were able to catch up on lost time at the table and then afterwards hold our very own b-day party in the parking lot. Mimi surprised us with gifts and Luke supplied us with laughter (as usual). After dinner we made our way back to the ranch and prepared for the next bit of excitement.
Saturday started early for the Ranchers...it was the "round-up". I was unable to attend due to my youngest cowboys being just a little young to see cattle being branded, ear-tagged and castrated.....(oh, boy).
However, the girls were able to see all they wanted. Luke took Birdie, Delb along with Jack and MIke. They were able to see about 100 head of cattle counted and then all that other business that goes along with round'n them up. Come to find out once they all returned...Delb and Bird found some dogs to keep them busy, Luke had a ball, (no pun intended with all the castrating going on) Jackson was busy recording it on his camera phone and Mike helped keep the girls out of trouble. While they were gone being cowboys and little cowgirls. Me, Mignon, Ali, Cedar & Cream hung out, played RummiKub and some were lucky enough to get foot massages.
Later we indulged ourselves with some yummy local fish tacos...they are a dream!
Mignon prepared a delicious ORGANIC chocolate birthday cake (found at your local Costco, thank you very much).
Once the sun cooled down a bit, we all took a walk around the school seeing some of the updated, painted, cleaned, new and amazing sites around our little place.
We introduced our visitors to some of the horses, especially the ones that like to neck with the new woman that come. There was this mama horse and her baby that were up in Allison and Mignons grill. I think Allison even got nibbled on and Mignon got a wet one on the side of her face. It was pretty funny to see. We eventually saddled up "big Mike" for a bit of a ride, which is Birdies favorite thing in the whole world.
Before the family left, Mignon wanted to show us all something that she had been working on at home on her mini tramp. She's amazing!
Kidding, she was entertaining Cedar out there and I happen to get a picture...she's a good Grandma!
Sunday was Sunday...relaxing, enjoyable and actually busy for Luke.
Today is the actually birthday of my Love and it was just as busy as any other day of the year...poor my Luke!
We finally got to see him around 5:00pm had dinner, sang a b-day song, ate more cake and now it's time for bed.
The Birthday of a Dad, Husband and Working Man!

4 comments:

Mike + Mignon said...

Oh, No you didn't!! But I see that you did! Oh well, someday I'll look back and say "Wow, I actually got off the mat once in my life!" That was an amazing weekend and we loved every minute of it - thanks for sharing "poor my Luke" (thanks Bama Julian) with us. I love him more than my life and I miss having him under my wing all those years. Enjoy him every minute of the day - cause life is short! Kisses to all - Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

we had a blast! especially the part when the horse tried to rip my shirt off with his teeth.
thanks for the fun :)

Goodrich said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE- I told Ren to tell you hopefully she did. Love you guys.

fivewheeler said...

Happy Birthday Slick. Ren it looks like you have fun everyday. Lainie looks like a real rodeo princess I can't wait to show Bris her lil' cowgirl cousin.