He amazes me by his knowledge for just about everything. I tell you, there have been so many times as a child and many more as
an adult that I have called him, just to have him tell me "it's going to be alright". Sometimes, actually most the time, I feel like if he feels okay about something or a situation...then it's just about like scripture to me. I feel so comforted by him...
an adult that I have called him, just to have him tell me "it's going to be alright". Sometimes, actually most the time, I feel like if he feels okay about something or a situation...then it's just about like scripture to me. I feel so comforted by him...I know that no matter what, my dad ALWAYS has my best interests in mind. He is a great father.
My dad taught me so much while I was growing up. Somethings I learned from my dad were things I wanted to learn like having fun, enjoying life, not taking myself to serious.
Then there are the things that weren't the best or easiest to learn, but you know you had to. Now...I am so grateful.
My dad taught me to have TRUST! My dad taught me to WORK! I learned that anything worth anything...takes hard work and sometimes a lot of time. I also learned how to treat others. My Dad is such a wonderful example on how to treat people. Even if you never see them again...you treat them with respect. I don't think I know anyone that has met my dad that doesn't like him.
With this respect he shows to others, he has friends all over the world.
Example) My parents came down to visit one wkend and we made a trip to the Temple.
While we were there, my DAd spotted a man walking away from him. From the back of his head, he knew exactly who he was. He knew that he was a man that served in the Air Force with him over 40 years ago. They hadn't seen each other since there stay in Germany...but he knew him and remembered his name and all sorts of tid bits about him. I find that quite respectful!
While we were there, my DAd spotted a man walking away from him. From the back of his head, he knew exactly who he was. He knew that he was a man that served in the Air Force with him over 40 years ago. They hadn't seen each other since there stay in Germany...but he knew him and remembered his name and all sorts of tid bits about him. I find that quite respectful!My family teases my dad that there isn't a place in the world that we could go and he not recognize someone or find a way to make them a relative. If we went into a situation and he didn't know someone, he would soon enough.
It's strange actually, as I sit here and think about this whole deal and what I'm trying to explain ...my Dad isn't really the type to just walk up to someone and just start talking to them and prying into their lives. Don't get me wrong, if you make eye contact with him,
he is bound to say something. But he isn't the type you see wondering around an area looking for a conversation. People are just drawn to him! It's the darnest thing!
he is bound to say something. But he isn't the type you see wondering around an area looking for a conversation. People are just drawn to him! It's the darnest thing!Something else I absolutely love about my Dad is that he is a Wonderful Example of following the Spirit. It seems as if he lives his life quiet enough to be in tune. That is extremely hard with a family like ours, we are a loud family. But, he finds quietness inside that allows him to listen. I need to learn that!
I have tried, as an adult, to listen more! I have tried to learn more! It's a process, but I am watch'n and getting there.
Pictures that might show me
something about my dad, I didn't know. She sent me these photos and I wish so badly I could of been the photographer and experienced what might of been going on right before this picture was taken. I love to see what a goof my dad was and then to see that he took his job seriously as well.
Well, I wanted to give you a peek at the person I call DAD!
An amazing, smart, handsome, gentle, kind, faithful man!
Love him!


4 comments:
Ren,
You sure have a way with words. I really wanted to blog about Dad, but felt I really needed to blog about Daniel- the father to our children. Thanks for putting how I feel into words. Love those pictures I think I will ask mom for those as well.
Wennie, Fab! I love those pictures of Dad. Hilarious and yet they speak volumes of truth don't they? Happy Fathers Day to el Luke-ay. I hope you indulged him with a big ol Pepsi. Luke you rocketh.
Renee! It's Rustie from HS! I was posting on Todd's and saw yours! lol I truly hope you don't mind.
It's funny that I should see you now as I was just talking to some parents who raved about DACE yesterday. Their son served with him and they met him and cared a great deal for him. I raved about all of you especially your dad. I love your post of him. He's honestly the type of dad every family should have.
There's a bunch of people from Hurricane popping up on Facebook as of late. I never thought I'd join (let alone start a blog) but I did and it's been super fun catching up with peeps. If you decide to join plz let me know! I'd love to have you on my friend's list...so I can torture you with old HS pictures. BWAHAHA! (Janna G. last week dared me to find all my yearbooks.)The best ones yet have been of Todd our freshman year with his mustache. :D
Did I catch you are in AZ? How do you like it? We just moved from Surprise AZ 2 years ago for Paul's job.
I hope life is treating you fantabulous!
Ahhh, your dad was a good guy.
Post a Comment