Sunday, June 29, 2008

June in Review & Monthly Motto

The monthly motto for June was ENJOY!
I have so enjoyed all that has taken place in the past 29 days. And I can't let this month pass, without making a few little notes about some of the events in it.

1st) Happy Birthday to Gram, Dustin, Elliot, Adlai, Dusky, Allison, Ammon & Sisalee.
I wanted to make a quick note about my Sister Sisalee. She is dealing with the trial of her life, the loss of her sweet husband. She is one of the bravest women that I know. When I get to visit her at her home, there is such a tender Spirit that dwells there. She's an amazingly Faithful person. Through her I am understanding the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. She is teaching me to surrender to the will of the Lord. Love to you, Sis and Happy B-lated Birfday!

2nd) On the 21st of June, Luke and I celebrated our 11th year Anniversary. It's been fun to see how time flies when your having the time of your life! We celebrated by attending a session at the Mesa LDS Temple, having lunch, seeing a few movies and just spending time with one another. This was a fabulous day.
*Thanks to Mimi and Papa for taking the kids home to bed!
*Thanks to the Bryce family for the use of their home!
3rd) The reminder that we can live Forever with our Family. We experience a loss in our family this month that reminded me again...this life is all about FAMILY. My brother in law pass to the other side on the 15th of June. I hate to say that I didn't know him very well. I had only been around him a handful of times. After hearing his life sketch from his sister and a tribute from his brother at the services, I wish I had known him better. I love one thing in particular that was said at his funeral service. His uncle spoke about how it might be difficult for some that he passed on Fathers day. But actually how wonderful it was that he went from one Father to another on this very day. And the Father that he was passed to is the one that loves us the most and knows us better than anyone else. That was so comforting to me and I know for others as well.
I know that this example might not seem appropriate for an example of ENJOY. However, I believe that one day we will all be reunited with our loved ones that have past on to the other side again. And to me I ENJOY that knowledge and to be reminded of that blessing! This lesson was just another confirmation to me that the ONLY way to live this life is in a way that we will be able to see them all again. And of course our loving Father that waits for us there.
Can't wait to see what July has in store for us!

2 comments:

stacy said...

i totally understand what you're saying but all i can think about is your sweet sister. i am so sorry! what an unbelievable trial.

i'm glad you guys had a great anniversary.

Goodrich said...

Ren, I sure love you. I really appreciate when you come to visit. It is like you come only to see me, I get phone calls to hang out and be with you. I know you don't come only to see me, but you always make each of us feel special when you are here. Thanks!!