I know this might be a silly post...but I had to share this find. I love Powerbars and I like to eat them when I am in a hurry, or looking for a little snack. BUT...I found, well Luke found, this Kashi bar at Costco that is way less in sugar, calories, carbs, and fat. It's higher in protein and fiber. If you're looking for a new little snack or meal replacement, when in a pinch...check these out.
P.S. when I was pregnant....I always had a bar in my purse for my cravings! Wish I knew about these a few years ago.
OH, and they are very good!
Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 bar (55g)
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value**
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 45
Total Fat 5g * 8%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Trans Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 210mg 9%
Potassium 120mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Fiber 6g 24%
Soluble Fiber 3g
Insoluble Fiber 3g
Sugars 14g
Protein 12g 20%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 20%
Iron 10%
Vitamin E 35%
Vitamin B6 25%
Folic Acid 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Magnesium 10
Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 bar (55g)
Amount/Serving
%Daily Value**
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 45
Total Fat 5g * 8%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Trans Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 210mg 9%
Potassium 120mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Fiber 6g 24%
Soluble Fiber 3g
Insoluble Fiber 3g
Sugars 14g
Protein 12g 20%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 20%
Iron 10%
Vitamin E 35%
Vitamin B6 25%
Folic Acid 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Magnesium 10
7 comments:
those sound yummy! i'll have to get some.
you know, i did make a green salad...i just forgot to take a picture! it wasn't as fancy as yours....just lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and sunflower seeds. boo!
i know you are wondering:
yes, i personally cracked open each sunflower seed with my teeth and spit them in the salad bowl...
;)
ok so I'm a bad friend and haven't looked at your page in a few days so while scrolling down i dead stopped on a picture... Where the heck do you get cheese crud in st. george? And where the heck is my bag?! Forget low fat bars I want my cheese curd dang it!
I just had Kashi waffles for breakfast and I have some of their instant oatmeal!! Paul's mom is a HUGE Kashi fan!! Very healthy!!!
emo
Kashi is the best--love the cold cereal! Good find Ren--
Hope all is well!
klochabay
I love those! I eat those for my in between meals, they taste just like a candy bar:)
ren you would be so jealous to know...that at my work they were giving these away like hot cakes so i took like 15!!!!hhohohohohoh....lol....i mean tto do hahahhahha!!! lol....i will agree that they are good and good for ya!
Post a Comment