Oh this is a sad story and it is so true....I saw the following with my own eyes!
This morning luke and I were out running. Early, before the sun had even thought about peeking above the Superstitions.
The road was dark with just a few street lights lit to guide our way.
We had just gotten our ipods arranged and our gps loaded to follow our route.
We adjusted our hats and our gloves and off we went.
While following this road that gradually rounds to the right we noticed a van.
Let me stop.
I need to change this and write what I thought rather than what "we" thought or felt or saw.
I saw a van a head of us, coming towards us. It was quite a distance a head of us. I looked back to the street to start my focus and saw this little cat on our side of the road in the bushes about 20 feet ahead of us. Bushes that we were going to be runnnig right next to. I saw that cat scat to the right and then with in a split second dash to the left, straight across the street. I saw and knew what was about to happen before it did.
I watched that dang cat running for the safety of the otherside of the road, and then I instantly grabbed Lukes arm for support, while I held my breath.
Wouldn't you know it....that stupid little cat ran right in front of that van that I saw down the road. It ran and made it before the front tire got him...but not the middle of the car.
DANG!
I can say I am glad I had just turned up my tunes because even with my ears plugged I heard a little noise and just prayed that I would see that feline running on the otherside of the van down the road. But, with a sick stomach I saw a ball of fur in the road.
I turned and looked at LUKE...he was disgusted as much as I was. I couldn't turn back and see if he was still struggling or a flat cat. I had to keep moving. So sad!
I thought that was such a sad death.
That cat was running from 2 people that wouldn't of hurt him, into a large moving piece of metal with 4 wheels that will run you over!
DANG!
this is in memory of all the cat in the world that didn't see that car coming!
Gray Cat
died 2-3-2012
(sniff sniff)

1 comment:
Ren,
Your story make me a little queasy too. I'm glad you didn't have to witness the day Nicole run over her cat with a lawnmower or the day Dusky froze the cat in the old stove. We had a book titled, "100 things you can do with a dead cat" Dad thought it was funny but I soon torched it. I'm thankful you are so tender hearted. It's a good thing! Love, Mom
Post a Comment